Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So picked up a young pax yesterday, jumped in the backseat and put his backpack next to him. Dropped him off 20 minutes later, and the next pax jumped in (stacked pin). They said the backseat was wet, so I got out and checked. They were right - wet and stank. They got another ride and I went home to clean my car.

From the looks of it, the first guy had a milky drink spill in his bag, which leaked all over my seat. In underneath where the seatbelt buckles in.

An hour of scrubbing and cleaning later, and there is still a giant stain and ungodly stench.

This happened last night, and after a few more times trying to clean this morning - still a stain and smell, although not as bad.

Uber response? "A flat rate cleaning fee of $40".

This accident knocked me off the road all last night and this morning - hoping the smell goes away enough to drive tonight.

Now my question to you guys, aside from blowing off some steam - is there any point fighting Ubers response to get a bigger cleaning fee out of them?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Get some yellow sand put it all over the front seat floor and then report your next pax and collect another $40 cleaning fee as compensation for the last driver.

Then maybe get some tissues and a condom, leave that in the back seat and do it to another rider, in a week or so..

Then that is $120 in compensation.

Depends how much more you want.

·
Banned
2,547 Posts
So picked up a young pax yesterday, jumped in the backseat and put his backpack next to him. Dropped him off 20 minutes later, and the next pax jumped in (stacked pin). They said the backseat was wet, so I got out and checked. They were right - wet and stank. They got another ride and I went home to clean my car.

From the looks of it, the first guy had a milky drink spill in his bag, which leaked all over my seat. In underneath where the seatbelt buckles in.

An hour of scrubbing and cleaning later, and there is still a giant stain and ungodly stench.

This happened last night, and after a few more times trying to clean this morning - still a stain and smell, although not as bad.

Uber response? "A flat rate cleaning fee of $40".

This accident knocked me off the road all last night and this morning - hoping the smell goes away enough to drive tonight.

Now my question to you guys, aside from blowing off some steam - is there any point fighting Ubers response to get a bigger cleaning fee out of them?
If you can remove your backseat, do it.
Chuck bi carb powder all over, ...
Wait, and vacuum...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Honestly, learn to clean spills and stains. Go to a carwash and Vac up the fluid while its still wet. Then use NO VAC spray from woolies or coles about $7 a can.

Always drive on a freeway to dry it after cleaning as the air picks up the smell and drys it.

Never clean any spill without photos.

Then you will winge and cry a little less.

·
Banned
644 Posts
About once every 6 weeks when I get a pax I don't like I 'make' them pay a cleaning fee...
I get glad wrap put it all over the back seat and make up 'fake puke' put it all over the glad wrap, take photos in the dark and it looks all real and genuine...
$200 bucks every 6 weeks or so thanks very much... It pays for my car servicing...
Unethical??? Oh yeah!!! Do I care??? NO!!!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
About once every 6 weeks when I get a pax I don't like I 'make' them pay a cleaning fee...
I get glad wrap put it all over the back seat and make up 'fake puke' put it all over the glad wrap, take photos in the dark and it looks all real and genuine...
$200 bucks every 6 weeks or so thanks very much... It pays for my car servicing...
I may do one tonight to finish up, haven't claimed $40 in a while..Look out, if I don't like you PAX. You're in trouble.
I'll go to mcdonalds, pay $4 for chips - put them everywhere and get $40...
1000% profit LOL

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I may do one tonight to finish up, haven't claimed $40 in a while..Look out, if I don't like you PAX. You're in trouble.
I'll go to mcdonalds, pay $4 for chips - put them everywhere and get $40...
1000% profit LOL
Pay peanuts, get ..........

I'm happy, we are learning how to protest against lowest, possiblest rates.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
And that's the reason I do it...
If rates were fair and reasonable I would not have to do that!!!
I've been saying it for the long time, if uber has no courage to listen to drivers, hurt the pax, specially 4.6* and under, cos they r the ones, who screams the loudest like giving birth for the 1st time, on social media etc.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Love it!!!
Keep up the good work matey!!!
They screw us we screw them!!!
I'm happy, we are learning how to protest against lowest, possiblest rates.
So please tell me how defrauding a customer is addressing low rates from Uber, tell me how that works? Either we have some world-class piss takers or some real low-life scumbags who might think this behaviour is OK.

·
Banned
644 Posts
So please tell me how defrauding a customer is addressing low rates from Uber, tell me how that works? Either we have some world-class piss takers or some real low-life scumbags who might think this behaviour is OK.
Excuse me...
I specifically pointed out they were customers I didn't like... By that I mean the total disrespectful and rude arsholes that we all get...
There's no way I would ever do it to good pax!
If that makes me a low life scumbag than I put my hand up and claim the title and continue getting my $200 every 6 weeks...
I see no problem here!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Turn it up. What makes you think I care about PAX? Hence my team. The truth is, Uber gives them the $40 back based off a complaint anyways. So I'm getting a small petrol fee, for all my hard work.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't understand who you guys are picking up. 10,000+ trips, never had a spill, chuck, mess anything... worked all times and all days

Maybe I have been lucky, but I don't think it's the epidemic you guys go on about

1 - 20 of 84 Posts