Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am asking if you have had any problems with receiving a cleaning fee from Uber? Mostly for drivers with more then at least 1 000 rides.

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
I have 2600+ rides and only have requested it once. Someone vomited on the floor, not a large amount. I took photos and sent them in with an email. They responded fairly promptly with $100.

I have others vomit, but I have gallon-sized ziploc bags ready and I've had riders use those a few times. They worked well for me and avoided the mess. I keep a box in the back of my minivan with lysol, lysol wipes, febreeze, carpet cleaner, paper towels, and a scrub brush as well.

Of course one time I had some drunken young lady pee a little in the second row bucket seat on the last ride of the night after the bars closed. Good thing they are covered with vinyl. I just used the lysol and paper towels and wiped it up. I did not call that one in.

Reactions: WBdriving

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have 2600+ rides and only have requested it once. Someone vomited on the floor, not a large amount. I took photos and sent them in with an email. They responded fairly promptly with $100.

I have others vomit, but I have gallon-sized ziploc bags ready and I've had riders use those a few times. They worked well for me and avoided the mess. I keep a box in the back of my minivan with lysol, lysol wipes, febreeze, carpet cleaner, paper towels, and a scrub brush as well.

Of course one time I had some drunken young lady pee a little in the second row bucket seat on the last ride of the night after the bars closed. Good thing they are covered with vinyl. I just used the lysol and paper towels and wiped it up. I did not call that one in.
Any daytime pukers?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm a new driver under 50 pax but did have someone puke out the window and got it on the side of my car and got it on the door sill which was an easy clean up. Emailed them with a picture of the outside really only asking for 15 for a car wash but they gave me 40 because that's the going rate. This happened Friday night Saturday morning and it was taken care of by Saturday afternoon.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I had female Harvard student puke in my car. Little on seat and door and window. Took pictures and got $200 right away. One time few students left potato chips all over floor and greasy seat but I didn't get any money for it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not sure why people prefer to drink more than they can handle. Half a glass should be the limit..

I dont drink beer and I dont like the taste.. Homemade juice and water are the best drinks for me. lol

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Here's what I've wondered. How does uber decipher a fraudulent claim from one that's legit?

Also, what if a loser vomits in your vehicle, u request fee, but pax says you're lying? Even if u have pics, it could be argued that they were faked.

Obviously if a driver requested fees a lot uber would get suspicious, but how can it be disproved either way.

Luckily I've never had a puker. I had a close call once and that scary experience inspired me to put a barf bag in the pocket behind the passenger seat.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Not sure why people prefer to drink more than they can handle.
I'm sure some of them would be fine if they were left on their own but once you get into someone else's car and they essentially lose control of the motion of their stomach I could see how things could go south really fast.

I'm sure someone with bad driving skills could have a much larger issue with pax getting sick.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've worked like five days in the past two weeks and have had at least a half a dozen people nod off or pass out in my van and only one of those days was it past midnight.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Lyft:
$150 scuffed seats
$50 broken privacy curtain
$35 glitter
$85 puke (wth???)

No rejections.

>1k rides, may have triggered an asks too often flag to get such a low puke fee

·
Registered
307 Posts
1 puker out the back window, ran down the outside and inside of the car door. Sent pictures immediately and got $75 within 15 mins.

Worse one was girl I picked up at 1:15am on a Saturday night. She passed out, spilled an entire water on the backseat. Took me out of commission for the rest of the night, just as city lit up with surges. Also prob missed an entire tier on the bonus because of it. Sent pictures to Uber immediately and got $20 out of it, although I did say I didn't know what kind of liquid it was but the seat was clearly soaked in the pictures.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts