Uber Drivers Forum banner

Cleaning fee deserved?

1K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  Raidrider 
#1 ·
Guy jumps in the car, reeking of weed, middle of the ride asks if he can light a joint while we ride; politely I refuse for obvious reasons. Guy then proceeds to light what I assume was some type of pipe acting like it's not the same thing. Stopped the ride, kicked him out nd requested a cleaning fee cause now I have to stop working waiting for the smell to go away. Uber refused to pay cleaning fee. Who's wrong?

#15 ·
No cleaning fee , cigs smell just as bad if not worse , why would you wait for the smell to go away?, Windows down, spray good to go.
As a rider I wouldn't want to ride in a car that smells like the driver might be intoxicated, plus sometimes pax ride with kids. I ended up buying ozium nd wiping everything with wet wipes and kept working for a few hours. The ratings should reflect how bad the smell was and maybe I can use that to show uber that the cleaning fee was deserved

#19 ·
Last Friday had a spoiled kid eating chips on the back sit. It was a short trip and I didn't say anything, bc was too tired to argue. After the trip there were few chips crumbs and a greasy fingerprints on my leather sit. Took a picture and requested cleaning fee. Got $40 which is not bad. It took 2 minutes to wipe it out and continue working... Now thinking about allowing pax to eat in my car...:oops:

#23 ·
If someone slams your door you get out and call them out on it immediately and Never rate right away , give it a second or two.

One more thing , you can't let it humble you , this is Your environment , You own this car you technically are your own boss it's a privilege for the Pax to get into your fine ride Not the other way around .
Control the situation , control the environment at all times and if your worried about your stars just know that it's a star ffs!!.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.