Uber Drivers Forum banner

Class 4 Restricted Tests

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  EasyRider1 
#1 ·
So I took the written test today and passed. Onwards and upwards. Taking the road test on Friday and decided to take a 2 hour lesson on Wednesday to make sure I get the pre-trip inspection right, and a touchup on bad driving habits I might have picked up over the years.

If you have any questions about the test, feel free to ask.

#4 ·
They have you do a pre trip inspection and you're given 20 minutes to do it. Then you do the driving test. Changing lanes, parking, turning, driving etc.

I passed but did make some mistakes. Also forgot a few things in the pre trip inspection.

I wouldn't have passed if I didn't take a 2 hour driving lesson a couple of days before. The instructor was helpful in going over the pre trip inspection and alerting me to bad driving habits that would have caused me problems for the test. Highly recommend a lesson if you don't want to fail the first time.

Tip: if you take a lesson record the instructor as he's demonstrating the pre trip inspection. Helpful when you are trying to memorize everything later.

#8 ·
I took a refresher course before as well and was told you could go 5 under to 5 over briefly. Unfortunately I also lost points because I was doing the road test in Richmond and I don't know Richmond. I turned right onto a road where the limit is 60 but I thought it was 50 and there wasn't a sign right away.

#10 ·
Hi Guys
@EasyRider1 and @VanGuy @SR90CA90
I have my road test booked this Thursday, I have a question, for class 4 Restricted, do we need to honk while backing up or reversing car into the parking stall?

I appreciate your response and any other helpful tips.
I also did Class 4 Restricted and had that same question. No we do not have to honk.

I also did Class 4 Restricted and had that same question. No we do not have to honk.
Another tip I forgot. The test is 2 parts: Pre trip inspection and the road test. If you fail one part, when you come back to be re-tested you will only have to re-take the part that you didn't pass. The examiner doesn't tell you until the end but it's important to know so if you think you failed the pre-trip don't give up on the driving part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.