Uber Drivers Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts
I also stopped by that officers on union station they checke everything but my sticker was not on windshield and I had all seasons tire they did not give me any summons but they said u will get in mail . So I don't know they will send me or not can anyone tell about it????

I also stopped by that officers on union station they checke everything but my sticker was not on windshield and I had all seasons tire they did not give me any summons but they said u will get in mail . So I don't know they will send me or not can anyone tell about it????
They will send it.. I do mail drop pickups for the Bylaw office and I saw one with your name on it.. You should get it by Friday or Monday at the latest.

Got stopped yesterday on Simcoe, just north of King.
2 police officers on bikes.
1 aproaches me and asks if am an Uber driver. Replied yes, had a rider in the back seat.
He then asks where is my sticker. I pointed to the back window bottom right corner, passenger side. Windows are tinted so guess he had trouble seeing it.
He said alright,you can go on your way.
Watch out fellow drivers, have your sticker on.

I was in TO on Sunday and saw a nice Infinity SUV with his sticker on. Cabbie was blasting his horn at him...

You could barely notice the sticker with the tints he had on his vehicle.

Hey Everyone,

Beware! City of Toronto Uber Inspections are going on!

This happened to me yesterday. I was having a fun day driving in Toronto and stopped momentarily on Bremner just opposite Air Canada Centre. This random dude comes upto my car and addresses me with my full name. Weird. Then he says he is inspecting Ubers for compliance with City Bylaws. Legit anyways.

And of course, out of all days that I always put my Uber Sticker, I was too lazy to put up my sticker that night. He asked me my ID and checked my Safety Certificate. OF COURSE, I could not find it in time! Then he checked my winter tires... That went OK. He took a bunch of pictures as evidence since he is going to present at Court Summons in May. So I basically got two tickets.. Both Summons in court in early May.

Anyways, I am hoping I can plead guilty and the judge would be compassionate enough to reduce my fine..which could be as much as $200 per ticket. I was doing nothing illegal but regardless can have a bad day.

So all you folks out there.. Beware... Always put your stickers on. I have seen ton of Ubers not have any stickers. Don't be negligent!!! I might end up paying the price but I hope you don't.

Any suggestions how I can fight this..would be appreciated. Should I plead guilty?
Tell the truth.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.