Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Beware! City of Toronto Uber Inspections are going on!

This happened to me yesterday. I was having a fun day driving in Toronto and stopped momentarily on Bremner just opposite Air Canada Centre. This random dude comes upto my car and addresses me with my full name. Weird. Then he says he is inspecting Ubers for compliance with City Bylaws. Legit anyways.

And of course, out of all days that I always put my Uber Sticker, I was too lazy to put up my sticker that night. He asked me my ID and checked my Safety Certificate. OF COURSE, I could not find it in time! Then he checked my winter tires... That went OK. He took a bunch of pictures as evidence since he is going to present at Court Summons in May. So I basically got two tickets.. Both Summons in court in early May.

Anyways, I am hoping I can plead guilty and the judge would be compassionate enough to reduce my fine..which could be as much as $200 per ticket. I was doing nothing illegal but regardless can have a bad day.

So all you folks out there.. Beware... Always put your stickers on. I have seen ton of Ubers not have any stickers. Don't be negligent!!! I might end up paying the price but I hope you don't.

Any suggestions how I can fight this..would be appreciated. Should I plead guilty?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Hey Everyone,

This happened to me yesterday. I was having a fun day driving in Toronto and stopped momentarily on Bremner just opposite Air Canada Centre. This random dude comes upto my car and addresses me with my full name. Weird. Then he says he is inspecting Ubers for compliance with City Bylaws. Legit anyways.

And of course, out of all days that I always put my Uber Sticker, I was too lazy to put up my sticker that night. He asked me my ID and checked my Safety Certificate. OF COURSE, I could not find it in time! Then he checked my winter tires... That went OK. He took a bunch of pictures as evidence since he is going to present at Court Summons in May. So I basically got two tickets.. Both Summons in court in early May.

Anyways, I am hoping I can plead guilty and the judge would be compassionate enough to reduce my fine..which could be as much as $200 per ticket. I was doing nothing illegal but regardless can have a bad day.

So all you folks out there.. Beware... Always put your stickers on. I have seen ton of Ubers not have any stickers. Don't be negligent!!! I might end up paying the price but I hope you don't.

Any suggestions how I can fight this..would be appreciated. Should I plead guilty?
Can't fight the bylaws , shoulda put that sticker on and right in the app it says to have your safety , this is gonna happen a lot now and I'm all for it .
You r just made Serge's day !.

·
Banned
259 Posts
Hey Everyone,

we are not an employee for uber, since we are a contractor we can do what ever we want to our cars, plus u r contradicting your post, you said yesterday and you are already summons to court on may. what a lie from uber.

·
Registered
455 Posts
we are not an employee for uber, since we are a contractor we can do what ever we want to our cars, plus u r contradicting your post, you said yesterday and you are already summons to court on may. what a lie from uber.
It's not Uber enforcing this, it's the city of Toronto.

·
Banned
259 Posts
the app is enough prove that we work with uber, we don't have to advertise for free, if the city wants us to use sticker they must pay us

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Lol.. "Cabbie trolling".. Here you go bud.

See both Summons for yourselves! Any more evidence needed?
Put your sticker on and get that safety in your car man , I believe the city has had complaints and now they are gonna start clamping down , easy money for the city .
And to all that were saying fu to complying hope your next

·
Registered
688 Posts
Lol.. "Cabbie trolling".. Here you go bud.

See both Summons for yourselves! Any more evidence needed?
best to try and get it reduced. You are still at fault, just learn an expensive lesson.

Dont pay attention to the peanut gallery here. They still think all my emails from the city of Toronto are fake lol.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
what kind of crazy idiot are you? I dont take any pleasure in anyone's problems.

All I can say, is that I warned all you snowflakes about complying with the mandated laws. So, go ahead and be a "cool" rebel and "f" the system because you are all too big and important.
Sergie or whoever the f you are , I'm sure you do take some pleasure in this as you were tracking people down and taking pics , the fruits of your labour come to fruition so please get real .
The only people you warned were the ones that didn't comply and on this forum that's prob not too many OK "idiot".

·
Registered
688 Posts
Sergie or whoever the f you are , I'm sure you do take some pleasure in this as you were tracking people down and taking pics , the fruits of your labour come to fruition so please get real .
The only people you warned were the ones that didn't comply and on this forum that's prob not too many OK "idiot".
Well if you or any of your minions get cited, then I might have a laugh because you were all acting big and tough like you are above the law.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts