Uber Drivers Forum banner

City of Toronto driver review. How long does this take?

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Shamshad 
#1 ·
I recently lost my job and decided during the time of finding a new one I would drive Uber. I had signed up an account to try it earlier in the year while I was still working full time. When I decided to go back this week, I was informed that I had to do a re-screeening of my background and the city of Toronto would need to review this before I could pick up riders in the city. Can anyone tell me how long this takes? I'm anxious to get back to doing city pick ups. I live in the city and driving out to the burbs makes no sense when most of the fares would bring me into Toronto city limits anyway. please help!

#15 ·
It's for my friend, he didn't change lane as there was a police car on the highway shoulder and he should have moved over to the next lane... it's one of those setups where the cruiser is just standing in shoulder with lights flashing and if someone didn't change lanes they will pull them over and give tkt.. he got 3 demerit points and $500 fine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.