Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I just want to tell all the Lyft and Uber drivers in Orange County, Ca about what I’ve found out.
The city of San Clemente does not have public transportation (bus/train) therefore they made a deal with Lyft and uber to provide low cost rides to their residents. This wouldn’t be a problem if Lyft/Uber wouldn’t send us from a location 20 minutes away for a ride that pays $2.50 which, in most cases, doesn’t even cover our gas and……tips are definitely out of the question.
Car dealerships are getting rid of their courtesy shuttle drivers because now they figured out that Lyft and Uber are cheaper than keeping their own drivers on payroll that’s why we get so many calls from car’s dealerships for rides that are, for the most part, not longer than 10 minutes rides that equals 4 to 5$ for us and a tip is a utopia.
it happened to me quite few times that Lyft added a passenger to my cue while a was at
J.W. airport in Irvine to be picked up in San Juan Capistrano (30 min drive) for someone that was going to mission viejo (10 min away) and all for the exceptional price of $4.50
Come on guys let’s do something about it.

·
Premium Member
23,117 Posts
Hello everyone
I just want to tell all the Lyft and Uber drivers in Orange County, Ca about what I’ve found out.
The city of San Clemente does not have public transportation (bus/train) therefore they made a deal with Lyft and uber to provide low cost rides to their residents. This wouldn’t be a problem if Lyft/Uber wouldn’t send us from a location 20 minutes away for a ride that pays $2.50 which, in most cases, doesn’t even cover our gas and……tips are definitely out of the question.
Car dealerships are getting rid of their courtesy shuttle drivers because now they figured out that Lyft and Uber are cheaper than keeping their own drivers on payroll that’s why we get so many calls from car’s dealerships for rides that are, for the most part, not longer than 10 minutes rides that equals 4 to 5$ for us and a tip is a utopia.
it happened to me quite few times that Lyft added a passenger to my cue while a was at
J.W. airport in Irvine to be picked up in San Juan Capistrano (30 min drive) for someone that was going to mission viejo (10 min away) and all for the exceptional price of $4.50
**** Lyft.

Stop accepting 20 minutes away pings.

Delete the Lyft app.

Stop picking up Lyft riders.

Screenshot_20210625-125356_Gallery.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Hello everyone
Lets do something about it? lol
We have been doing something about everything for years now. Still we need obedient ants picking up the crappy requests like yourself. Thanks for keeping your community going. 5 stars for you!

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
the real problem here is that you couldent get two drivers to agree that the sky is blue,much less organize. I thought uber was bad until my buddy told me what lyft does. They are in my opinion,conducting a criminal enterprise. Even uber doesen't do what they do to drivers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lets do something about it? lol
We have been doing something about everything for years now. Still we need obedient ants picking up the crappy requests like yourself. Thanks for keeping your community going. 5 stars for you!
It’s very simple actually
1 rate your rider 1 so you are not going to be paired with that rider again
2 turn off your app when you are around those two
3 if you know the area don’t accept rides that are more than 10 min away because chances are you will end up there

·
Premium Member
7,926 Posts
Yeah the mistake your making is taking pings from too far away.

Keep it under 10 minutes or you’ll keep getting those awful pings.

Your acceptance rating during times when the dealerships are open should be right around 5%.
Yes you should be declining 19/20 pings.

the thing about taking a ping from so far away is doubly bad. Not only do you have to drive empty longer then the average fare but you also stand a lower chance of getting a tip because the customer had to wait so long for you.

also once you exceed about 10 minutes away the odds of having highway miles to get to the pickup balloons to absolute certainty, which means mucho miles.

But why does lyft even send pings from that far away?

they don’t care about you. They care about getting more bookings and that’s all.

Learn to play the game or you’ll keep losing.

rules.

1. no one is going to look out for you but you
2. Don’t accept anything from so far away that a min trip becomes a waste or money/time
3. Don’t trust the passengers.
4. Be kind and dont be racist but protect yourself
5. Uber support is never going to call you to give you a prize
6. Change your oil dummy
7. If they are too drunk to stand up straight they are too drunk to ride.

·
Premium Member
5,161 Posts
It’s very simple actually...

turn off your app when you are around those
Since you've shown that Lyft can/will send you a ping 30 minutes away, are you suggesting drivers turn off the app whenever they are within 30 minutes of a car dealership?

That would certainly limit one's pickup area.
I could never have the app on under your 'simple' rule.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since you've shown that Lyft can/will send you a ping 30 minutes away, are you suggesting drivers turn off the app whenever they are within 30 minutes of a car dealership?

That would certainly limit one's pickup area.
I could never have the app on under your 'simple' rule.
No I’m saying you you know your area turn it off when you are in proximity because Lyft/uber will send the ping to the closest driver. Why do you think they send you a ping if you are 30 minutes away?
Also keep in mind that the distance and time of lyft/uber give you does not coincide with your gps
Because the distance the quote you is: “as the crow fly” meaning their algorithm do not consider streets and freeways but linear distance as if we were flying
I hope this clarifies your question

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
One issue I have with the long distance requests is rejecting them will eat up your DFs. I live 45 from the city busy area so I rely on the DFs to get into the City and then later to get home. It seems Lyft will eliminate your DF if you reject 3-4 requests in a row, leaving to commute without a pax.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You don’t have to decline the request
Just let it ping until it stops that doesn’t affect you

·
Premium Member
10,220 Posts
Riverside Dealerships have been doing this for 2-3 yrs now.

Problem is they are all short trips and Dealers are to Cheap to tip the drivers.

I've managed to get a couple to tip via the pax asking them to do so. One pax actually gave me cash.

Plus the fact, I am at JWA don't send me anything else. However most of the time, if I'm there, people are getting off work so a nearby trip usually is about the same as a JWA trip.

Are you getting other drivers declines ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My goal is to let everyone know what’s going on
So we can eventually have some leverage but it’s up to the other drivers

·
Premium Member
5,161 Posts
because Lyft/uber will send the ping to the closest driver.
When did they start doing this?

No I’m saying you you know your area turn it off when you are in proximity
Define proximity.
You yourself said you got a ping for 30 minutes away, and your solution is to turn off the app in the proximity, which I take your suggestion is we turn off the app within 30 minutes of where we don't want to pick up.
But now you're saying 'No'.

Why do you think they send you a ping if you are 30 minutes away?
One possibility may be that other drivers didn't accept the ping before you.
There are other possibilities.

Because the distance the quote you is: “as the crow fly” meaning their algorithm do not consider streets and freeways but linear distance as if we were flying
That's weird.
That isn't how my Uber or Lyft app works.

I hope this clarifies your question
Not really, but that's ok.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Simple. After request, if it's from a dealer, cancel. Unless you're right on top of the place. Of course, if your a Plutonium driver or Titanium or whatever the F it is....than if that is so important to you go ahead and take it. I cancel ANYTHING I don't like. I've never been warned or punished for it and I don't know anybody who has.

·
Registered
19 Posts
any car dealership that does not have an Uber/Lyft account to pay for client rides is one that I would not "deal" with! WTF is up with San Clemente car dealerships? CHEAP AF!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts