Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
What a bunch of weak political scum. They are in pockets of the taxi industry and Super shuttle. This is not proactive action, it is just another case of foot dragging by the inept Los Angeles City Council.

Why is it that other airport authorities like John Wayne have no problem but LA does?

LA, NY, Chicago all run by left wing fools, who are beholding to whomever pays them the most graft.

·
Super Moderator
15,938 Posts
What a bunch of weak political scum. They are in pockets of the taxi industry and Super shuttle. This is not proactive action, it is just another case of foot dragging by the inept Los Angeles City Council.

Why is it that other airport authorities like John Wayne have no problem but LA does?

LA, NY, Chicago all run by left wing fools, who are beholding to whomever pays them the most graft.
I think you are correct.

·
Super Moderator
15,938 Posts

Uber needs to open its bribe accounts and let the money flow....

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Banned
1,435 Posts

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
I think they should do legit background checks. Then every ride will be a surge ride.

We saw it yesterday in a post were someone wNted to drive without a SSN. Seriously, I bet there are a bunch of drivers without legal docs that are driving for uber.

It's not right. I would like the option to pick up at lax. But I for one know for a fact that many drivers share their accounts. They let other people use them that shouldn't be.

Many times I have had passengers state the wrong car picked me up, the driver wasn't the same one in the picture. I tell passengers if the driver isn't the one in the picture on your app don't get in the car because you aren't insured. If it's not the right car, it's not insured.

I wouldn't doubt if 1/3 of the accounts wouldn't pass background checks or proper docs. They need to be deactivated.

I really think the limo companies have ways of adding illegitimate drivers. I have seen some scary drivers out there that really can't handle a car.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
Fingerprint and drug tests are fine with me... Like Optimus mentioned, the NO SSN person wanting to know if Uber would take them?

Lyft/Uber needs to mention to the City Council that Taxi cabs are more often than not SALVAGE vehicles... NOT safe after mickey mouse body work got them back on the road... you can only crush an aluminum can once... pulling it back into shape and painting it does not put 100% strength back.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Anyone thinks its weird that all 4 uber driver that got cited at lax happened to have criminal pass. Story gets published a few days before a big vote, and the sticking point is background checks. To me its a hell of a coincidence. Any cop can see your history by running your plates. Ever see a cop moving slowly with his head slightly down in traffic. They are running plates.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Fingerprint and drug tests are fine with me... Like Optimus mentioned, the NO SSN person wanting to know if Uber would take them?
They should be doing these checks anyway since not doing them is hurting their brand. Its not the financial cost of doing these checks that's stopping them, it's the fact they'll lose thousands of shitty drivers.

In addition, I think they should be sending some Uber employees out for random rides to see if the drivers and cars match up. Drivers loaning out their accounts should have them taken away.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Anyone thinks its weird that all 4 uber driver that got cited at lax happened to have criminal pass. Story gets published a few days before a big vote, and the sticking point is background checks. To me its a hell of a coincidence. Any cop can see your history by running your plates. Every see a cop moving slowly with his head slightly down in traffic. They are running plates.
Perhaps someone decided it was time to expose the scam.

At the very least they didn't spread lies, like a certain company I know.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts