Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was picking up passenger in terminal 1 today. I contacted my pax by phone and she was outside terminal 1. As soon as I stopped was harrassed by officer that told me right away I was receiving a ticket. Asked me if I spoke english (as you can see I do speak english lol) and continued on telling me I could not pick up anyone in this terminal and that I should go to commercial pick ups. I contacted uber and they sent me a message telling me that basically I was on my own on this citation. This is really frustrating because $79 is basically a full day of work down the drain. I have been picking up pax there all the time but basically because of my uber beacon I was a target right away. So to everyone picking up at airport make sure you are not picking up at terminals because you will get a fine that uber won't help you with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Forum Newbie here. Leocal88 Thanks for the heads up! I am going to Uber later tonight. Question though, what is considered the commercial pick ups area?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Everyone!

Forum Newbie here. Leocal88 Thanks for the heads up! I am going to Uber later tonight. Question though, what is considered the commercial pick ups area?
It is after each terminal it says commercial pickup only you will see it while you pass each one kinda like in between them.

So you think you were being harassed for breaking the law? Don't you just hate it when that happens? ;-)
I was not waiting there I even said I could move if this was the wrong location but he was like Nooo you getting ticket !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh okay, then I have been doing .... I thought it may have changed so I checked uber com/airports/fll/ again just to make sure I was doing it correctly. Thanks for replying back. Although he was doing he job, it would have been nice if he could have given a warning. Wishing you a better end of the day, Leocal88!

·
Registered
685 Posts
I don't know why but it seems like everyone that works for the airports are stress out ********. This is a perfect example of that. I could understand if you were suppose to be at like another building or something but if we're talking 100 feet along the same curb that's ridiculous!

Also, this is why I never have my trade dress displayed unless I'm in Hillsborough. Beacon sounds awesome but I imagine it's a PITA to take off/on regularly. I have very mixed feeling about it coming to my market.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Does it say in the airport guidelines for Fort Lauderdale that you're supposed to use the commercial lanes? If it doesn't state that clearly, I'd go back at Uber for the cost of the citation. Those deals were negotiated between Uber and the county. The rules should be clear. If they are, too bad. But I've read the rules for PBI, more than once, and I was still confused about which lanes to use. And I couldn't always tell the right place to wait in the queue, either.

Don't you feel like a valued Uber partner? Have a badge!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I don't know why but it seems like everyone that works for the airports are stress out ********. This is a perfect example of that. I could understand if you were suppose to be at like another building or something but if we're talking 100 feet along the same curb that's ridiculous!
Airport workers have a lot of stress. Between complex TSA regulations, collecting ground transportation money to help run the place, dealing with all kinds of visitors who don't know where anything is, its tough for them not to be ********.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Airport workers have a lot of stress. Between complex TSA regulations, collecting ground transportation money to help run the place, dealing with all kinds of visitors who don't know where anything is, its tough for them not to be ********.
As someone who worked at that airport for years the absolute opposite is true. You would be shocked at what goes on, on the backend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does it say in the airport guidelines for Fort Lauderdale that you're supposed to use the commercial lanes? If it doesn't state that clearly, I'd go back at Uber for the cost of the citation.
Good morning, FL-Dex!

Yes, it's on the Uber website: uber com/airports/fll/ (please add dot between the words uber & com. Forum does not allow us to post links.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts