Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber says we can choose between Uber GPS, Google maps and Waze. I don't see how to do that except to run uber in the background while using another GPS in the foreground. Anyone know how to do this?

·
Registered
933 Posts
you have to download the app to your phone. In my case google maps was already on my phone, I down loaded waze and now when I log into the drivers app it gives me a choice of which one to use.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Navigate to Settings->Navigation Provider. As long as you have Waze installed it should show up as an option.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Robert, you will have to download the waze and/or google maps app into the phone first, then you should jave a choice under settings.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have Maps that came with the phone. I have Google maps app that I installed a year ago. I installed Waze this morning. I restarted my phone. I updated the driver app. I restarted again. When I log on to the driver app and select settings the only thing available is "accessibility".

·
Registered
602 Posts
Uber says we can choose between Uber GPS, Google maps and Waze. I don't see how to do that except to run uber in the background while using another GPS in the foreground. Anyone know how to do this?
You answered your own question. Uber app in the background. I had a pax miss a train and wanted to go to the next station down the line to catch one. The only way for me to keep the Uber started trip open and get nav directions was to run the Uber app in the background and the nav app on the screen .

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a pain. Using GPS native to the driver app would fill pick up and drop off fields automatically with the riders info, otherwise you have to type in the info yourself.

·
Registered
517 Posts
You can Only use Google Maps GPS on the Uber Android App.....Since you have a iphone you may uses Apple maps God forbid....LOL......Google bought Waze out a few months back it's incorporated in the latest update google Maps GPS

1. Sign out of your Uber account

2. Sign in your Uber partner account It will ask you what mapping app you want to use (should only give you one Google Maps..

3. That"s it now go make money

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can Only use Google Maps GPS on the Uber Android App.....Since you have a iphone you may uses Apple maps God forbid....LOL......Google bought Waze out a few months back it's incorporated in the latest update google Maps GPS

1. Sign out of your Uber account

2. Sign in your Uber partner account It will ask you what mapping app you want to use (should only give you one Google Maps..

3. That"s it now go make money
Uber sent out an email about ten days ago that said we would be getting the option to choose our GPS on iPhone this week. Thursday night and still nothing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts