i started driving about 3 weeks ago and have had at least 20 passengers ask if they can request female drivers (yes they were women). Thoughts on this?
Yes, there is a demand for female drivers. If you like driving I would give your card out to interested female pax and start developing your own business out of it.
Well if you decide to dress as a woman, you need to understand that:
But you will be able to claim your new attire as a tax deduction!Well if you decide to dress as a woman, you need to understand that:
1. A significant proportion of your earnings will now go towards keeping up with fashion and 'improving your wardrobe'
and this will probably lead to capital costs in your home to actually improve your wardrobe.
2. Your wife / girlfriend / significant other is going to be just a little bit concerned about 'her guy'
3. Your mum and dad will offer their full support but secretly they will be disappointed and maybe even disgusted.
4. Your dog will be confused and probably start howling at night.
5. Your male passengers are going to be more than a little peeved and your rating will probably fluctuate wildly.
6. Your female passengers are going to be very caring and sensitive but will demand you get rid of the beard.
Should be an adventure Tootsie
How about us drivers just having a choice of gender and/or sexual orientation as well as age and to go a bit further, ethnicity.
You people are not answering the question.
Considering the OP was made 11 months ago, I can imagine that ValChristie would be beside herself with relief that this issue has finally been addressed and a definitive answer given.You people are not answering the question.
And the question ValChristie asked is, can you request a female driver?
The answer is "No". The nearest car to the pax will get the job, with the exceptions, and I'm not going the make a long list of exceptions here.
However, the female pax could gets lucky being at the right place at the right time when a female driver is near her.
I didn't even look at the date. Thought it was a fresh post, was on top.
Same. I often get asked by females if ordering a female driver is an option. Uber doesnt. I didn't have cards made up but wish in hindsight I had. I am starting a new job in Jan so not worth it now but for you ValChristie do it. They maybe cash jobs and if local a bonus.