Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
i started driving about 3 weeks ago and have had at least 20 passengers ask if they can request female drivers (yes they were women). Thoughts on this?
Yes, there is a demand for female drivers. If you like driving I would give your card out to interested female pax and start developing your own business out of it.
That would be better than just relying on Uber.

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
i started driving about 3 weeks ago and have had at least 20 passengers ask if they can request female drivers (yes they were women). Thoughts on this?
Well if you decide to dress as a woman, you need to understand that:

1. A significant proportion of your earnings will now go towards keeping up with fashion and 'improving your wardrobe'
and this will probably lead to capital costs in your home to actually improve your wardrobe.
2. Your wife / girlfriend / significant other is going to be just a little bit concerned about 'her guy'
3. Your mum and dad will offer their full support but secretly they will be disappointed and maybe even disgusted.
4. Your dog will be confused and probably start howling at night.
5. Your male passengers are going to be more than a little peeved and your rating will probably fluctuate wildly.
6. Your female passengers are going to be very caring and sensitive but will demand you get rid of the beard.

Should be an adventure Tootsie ;)

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Well if you decide to dress as a woman, you need to understand that:

1. A significant proportion of your earnings will now go towards keeping up with fashion and 'improving your wardrobe'
and this will probably lead to capital costs in your home to actually improve your wardrobe.
2. Your wife / girlfriend / significant other is going to be just a little bit concerned about 'her guy'
3. Your mum and dad will offer their full support but secretly they will be disappointed and maybe even disgusted.
4. Your dog will be confused and probably start howling at night.
5. Your male passengers are going to be more than a little peeved and your rating will probably fluctuate wildly.
6. Your female passengers are going to be very caring and sensitive but will demand you get rid of the beard.

Should be an adventure Tootsie ;)
But you will be able to claim your new attire as a tax deduction!

·
Registered
147 Posts
You people are not answering the question.

And the question ValChristie asked is, can you request a female driver?

The answer is "No". The nearest car to the pax will get the job, with the exceptions, and I'm not going the make a long list of exceptions here.

However, the female pax could gets lucky being at the right place at the right time when a female driver is near her.

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
You people are not answering the question.

And the question ValChristie asked is, can you request a female driver?

The answer is "No". The nearest car to the pax will get the job, with the exceptions, and I'm not going the make a long list of exceptions here.

However, the female pax could gets lucky being at the right place at the right time when a female driver is near her.
Considering the OP was made 11 months ago, I can imagine that ValChristie would be beside herself with relief that this issue has finally been addressed and a definitive answer given. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually, (if anyone is still interested :) your passenger is committing an offence (actually breaking the law type of offence) when asking for a particular race / religion / sex of a driver.

There are some rare exceptions in the Equal Opportunities Act (aboriginality / jobs where you’re required to enter female changing quarters etc) - but this doesn’t apply to Uber / taxi drivers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same. I often get asked by females if ordering a female driver is an option. Uber doesnt. I didn't have cards made up but wish in hindsight I had. I am starting a new job in Jan so not worth it now but for you ValChristie do it. They maybe cash jobs and if local a bonus.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts