Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

I'm finding that there are parents who use uber that don't have car seats. I was floored today by one parent who said shopping was more important then carring around a car seat. I stopped at target and bought the mother one and told her she needed to have a car seat for her child. No questions. No car seat, no transport. Anyone else with this issue? I really think uber needs to have a section if there is going to be a child under the age of 8 parents need to provide a seat. Does anyone know if uber has a policy?

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Good evening,

I'm finding that there are parents who use uber that don't have car seats. I was floored today by one parent who said shopping was more important then carring around a car seat. I stopped at target and bought the mother one and told her she needed to have a car seat for her child. No questions. No car seat, no transport. Anyone else with this issue? I really think uber needs to have a section if there is going to be a child under the age of 8 parents need to provide a seat. Does anyone know if uber has a policy?
Look up the CA law, it varies depending on age and weight of child.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had someone call me a couple weeks ago asking if it was ok that they had a kid and didn't have a car seat or if I had one. I wanted to ask her how she got there if she doesn't have a car seat with her??

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Good evening,

I'm not sure which is more difficult to believe:

1. A mother telling you that shopping was more important to her than her child
2. You going to Target and purchasing said mother a car seat for her toddler

Regardless, child seats are CA law as SD Steve has pointed out, and transporting a child without one goes against law and common sense.

As far as if this breaks Uber TOS, there may be language to that effect. The Uber TOS is there to protect Uber from the stupidity of drivers
and passengers. It allows Uber, in most cases, to come back and point the finger in your direction should there be an incident of some kind.

For instance, there is definitive language in the TOS disallowing the transport of unaccompanied minors, and minors hailing rides utilizing their parents accounts, but does that really stop anyone? It's an epidemic. Every time I tell this to a 12-16 yo trying to catch an Uber alone or with a minor friend, I get a bunch of guff and them telling me how they use the service all the time without any problems.

Many drivers don't know about this policy, and Uber isn't very keen on educating it's drivers, or the public, on this important issue.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts

Regardless, child seats are CA law as SD Steve has pointed out, and transporting a child without one goes against law and common sense.

As far as if this breaks Uber TOS, there may be language to that effect. The Uber TOS is there to protect Uber from the stupidity of drivers
and passengers. It allows Uber, in most cases, to come back and point the finger in your direction should there be an incident of some kind.

For instance, there is definitive language in the TOS disallowing the transport of unaccompanied minors, and minors hailing rides utilizing their parents accounts, but does that really stop anyone? It's an epidemic. Every time I tell this to a 12-16 yo trying to catch an Uber alone or with a minor friend, I get a bunch of guff and them telling me how they use the service all the time without any problems.

Many drivers don't know about this policy, and Uber isn't very keen on educating it's drivers, or the public, on this important issue.
I'm getting tough now on for both of these issues. If I show up and no car seat, I used to cancel no charge. Now, I'm going to have them cancel so I get paid. If they don't I'm waiting my 5 minutes and doing cancel no show. Same with minors using parents account. My rationale is that the parents are a no show with minors and I burned my gas and missed out on another ride costing me money. Same with no car seat parents, they know better and need to pay for the cancel. They did not show up with car seat so no show Cancel.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I'm getting tough now on for both of these issues. If I show up and no car seat, I used to cancel no charge. Now, I'm going to have them cancel so I get paid. If they don't I'm waiting my 5 minutes and doing cancel no show. Same with minors using parents account. My rationale is that the parents are a no show with minors and I burned my gas and missed out on another ride costing me money. Same with no car seat parents, they know better and need to pay for the cancel. They did not show up with car seat so no show Cancel.
I had great luck reporting it as an issue with the rider, I ask in the report for the cancel to be credited, it's usually done within mins. I also screen shot the request with the address just in case Uber pulls their famous move of deleting the trip from my history, also screen shot the complaint to CYA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do you upload a picture that small enough to post of the receipt. I've tried it keeps saying to large?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts