Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a pool trip For 2 people this morning, 12 minutes away, and I took it because it was slow. For 2 people. Turns out it was a couple and a bunch of their luggage, and a very young girl, about 3 years old. 1st of all they only asked for 2 people, and I only have 4 seatbelts available. I asked.. if we were to pick up 2 other people, somebody would not have a seatbelt? Plus they didn't have a car seat. They told me it was ridiculous and that every other Uber driver takes them. The woman then continued to tell me that she puts her daughter on her lap, while the 2 other pool passengers sit in the vehicle with her and her husband.. Does this sound right to you? I complained to uber about it and they gave me a whopping $3.75 For my trouble . I really hope their accounts get deactivated pretty soon. Please continue to complain to Uber about these couples who put the lives of their young children in such danger. Young kids cant make decisions for themselves.

By the way, it's Labor Day weekend, and it was pouring rain, in good old busy North Jersey, where people drive crazy on a normal day. There is a pretty high chance that we could possibly get into an accident and the girl could have gotten killed ..

·
Registered
514 Posts
The risk factor of this job multiplies dramatically when you pick up a family who has a kid who belongs in a car seat. Whether your greed, good nature or stupidity take over, remember it onky takes one time and your life will change dramatically financially. Buy a cheap car seat, put in the trunk and dont waiver. Either the kid sits in the seat or cancel. No debate. Is your potential financial ruin worth the 8 dollar ride. Tell the parent, the brat goes in the seat or get out of my car. Period.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts