Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I'm moving to OH from Chicago and looking to drive here in Columbus. So looking to see what are the best times to , areas etc. I knew alot of the areas and times to drive back home so being in a city I've never been to I don't want to be driving around aimlessly and hoping to maximize profits.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Scuzzy. Best areas for pickups in general are the northwest and northeast quadrants. Dublin, Grandview, Short North/Downtown, Campus, Westerville and Hilliard are high traffic areas.

The busiest areas are downtown/short north/campus on weekend nights, but your chances of longer fares are best in the Hilliard-Dublin-Worthington-Westerville corridor. The airport is a good source early weekday mornings and Sunday nights.

I made almost $200 in 7 hours tonight working almost entirely in the downtown/short north area with one trip to Dublin and back and one to Gahanna and back (scored return fares in both spots, so that was lucky).

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
working almost entirely in the downtown/short north area with one trip to Dublin and back and one to Gahanna and back (scored return fares in both spots, so that was lucky).
Those trips from the Short North to the outskirts are usually the best, because you can almost always guarantee getting another trip back to the Short North area.

Otherwise as mentioned. Campus and the Short North are non stop trips on Thu/Fri/Sat nights, they are short trips usually, but also short pick ups. Campus has the highest 24/7 potential to spit out trips while the students are in session, that is if you like making $2.40 a trip.

We are licensed here, but Uber usually gives drivers around a month to get their P2P license. You'll want to get your Columbus driver's license asap so you can get your P2P license and continue driving. Technically you can't pick up in Columbus proper without the P2P license, but afaik no drivers have ever been tickeded for it, it's more a matter of Uber eventually not letting you log on.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Scuzzy. Best areas for pickups in general are the northwest and northeast quadrants. Dublin, Grandview, Short North/Downtown, Campus, Westerville and Hilliard are high traffic areas.

The busiest areas are downtown/short north/campus on weekend nights, but your chances of longer fares are best in the Hilliard-Dublin-Worthington-Westerville corridor. The airport is a good source early weekday mornings and Sunday nights.

I made almost $200 in 7 hours tonight working almost entirely in the downtown/short north area with one trip to Dublin and back and one to Gahanna and back (scored return fares in both spots, so that was lucky).
Exactly my thoughts, but to expand a little bit the airport can also be extremely busy on Friday afternoons with all the airport travelers returning

1 - 4 of 4 Posts