Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're under siege. First the GPS is a mess and riders are far from where we are sent and uber app is dropping off this week after every ride. The money loss and aggravation is unreal. Uber says sorry but we are screwed, some partner. I was accused of robbing a rider at knife point a from a cancelled trip. I was told I found him after the cancel and took his cell phone and wallet from the pitchfork fest( at Washington and Ashland). No reason to believe just him they cut me off my app for two days. I went to the police and they had no report from anyone about the incident. I told uber and they still did not put me back on. I went to the office finally get reset-up. No name was given to me as I had lost real money and I want to sue. They said they need to protect the rider. ITS THE FIRST AMENDMENT, YOU ACCUSE YOU FACE THE OFFENDER AND THE FALSE ACCUSED GETS JUSTICE IN THE COURT. IS UBER ABOVE THE US CONSTITUTION! They are full of B.S. Oh, and now I was hit by a ass and my car is out. Uber won't let me rent a car so I am double screwed.
worse
I PASSED OUT AND THE GUY DISAPPEARED. Mid 90's ford EXPLORER FOREST GREEN, WHITE DRIVE LEFT HEADLIGHT OUT, HIT AT HIGH SPEED I WAS STOPPED AT LIGHT. Help. Touhy and California 11:30 on Thurs Night.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,864 Posts
Since the U S Constitution is NO longer taught in schools, more of this will happen. SMFH.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
We're under siege. First the GPS is a mess and riders are far from where we are sent and uber app is dropping off this week after every ride. The money loss and aggravation is unreal. Uber says sorry but we are screwed, some partner. I was accused of robbing a rider at knife point a from a cancelled trip. I was told I found him after the cancel and took his cell phone and wallet from the pitchfork fest( at Washington and Ashland). No reason to believe just him they cut me off my app for two days. I went to the police and they had no report from anyone about the incident. I told uber and they still did not put me back on. I went to the office finally get reset-up. No name was given to me as I had lost real money and I want to sue. They said they need to protect the rider. ITS THE FIRST AMENDMENT, YOU ACCUSE YOU FACE THE OFFENDER AND THE FALSE ACCUSED GETS JUSTICE IN THE COURT. IS UBER ABOVE THE US CONSTITUTION! They are full of B.S. Oh, and now I was hit by a ass and my car is out. Uber won't let me rent a car so I am double screwed.
worse
I PASSED OUT AND THE GUY DISAPPEARED. Mid 90's ford EXPLORER FOREST GREEN, WHITE DRIVE LEFT HEADLIGHT OUT, HIT AT HIGH SPEED I WAS STOPPED AT LIGHT. Help. Touhy and California 11:30 on Thurs Night.
Thanks
worse
Thanks
All Uber partners are Screwed not only Chicago!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
sounds like me , last week , hit and attempted run till i chased him down. then 2 days later female crazy pax calling police and refusing to leave my car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
worse
Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
I believe this is a very common problem. A rider makes an outlandish accusation, and Uber arbitrarily accepts the rider's account with question and de-activates the driver's account. In my situation, I was accused of "drinking while intoxicated and running red-lights", by one rider, on a night that I had completed 27 trips safely, including this one in question. I was never observed or stopped for a traffic violation, much less DWI. No police report of complaint filed.

It seems to me that if a person who is claiming that you assaulted and robbed him, would also file charges and have you arrested. If Uber cared really cared about "rider safety" they should have to made a complaint to the police. Let them investigate. I not recommending you "turn yourself in", but I suspect Uber is making what it thinks is best decision for the Company; its makes the customer/rider happy (no complaints or bad publicity), and presume that you will go away (after all, they have a million drivers), since they presume you have no way to fight back. In my case, I am seeking legal advice, and it looks like a uphill climb, but I hope that by challenging Uber decisions and raising awareness , Uber may actually make decisions based on facts, not lies.

Now, I am hoping drivers following this discussion thread will share their stories about when riders lie and it leads to an adverse decision, i.e. de-activated accounts. And, what you did about it and what transpired or is transpiring. Just the facts please, we know your pain. I just like to know how much this happening. If you think I, or any one else sharing these stories are horrible, lying drunks and criminals, please keep your remarks brief.

·
Super Moderator
15,348 Posts
worse
Thanks
1) Get a cam.

2) Ottenere una camma.

3) Obtenir un camme.

4) einnen Nocken.

5) カムを取得 《~~~ get a cam in Japanese.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
You finally figured out Chicago is screwed? Every other road/street is closed for construction and those that are open have had the pavement skimmed off with manhole covers exposed 6" above sea level. Then you've got the Greek Fest, the Roscoe Village ****** fest, the River North Let's Get Drunk and Get Gang Banged But Don't Tell Dad Fest, another **** freak street fest just weeks after the Pride Fest and Lolapaloozer (I'm gay - don't get all PC up in here)..........

You are NOT getting paid for your TIME Ubering in this city. Nevermind the damage to your own car.

BUT.....that Pitchfork Fest. I got a cash ride off of SideCars platform from that drug fest. I was in the area anyway and they were headed in my direction. Their phone was going dead, dropped pin in middle of the park, I cancelled, they pinged again. Found them, they ran across street to the ATM at destination in Lakeview, gave me $25. All is good. Left alot of dirt on the mats though.

Use these ridesharing scams to pick up cash only hitch hikers as that's all their useful for anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts