Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cherry blossoms are supposed to peak in a week or a little more than that, so you will have the mobs down on the Tidal Basin and everyone in the Entire Metropolitan Area is going to be getting into his car and driving down there.

Back when the D.C. cabs had zones, we used to dread those jobs. In all my years of hacking under zones, I had only two, but they fit the descriptions given by most of the drivers. The jobs paid very poorly. In addition, the tips were poor. Sometimes, you could get lucky and get the passengers to agree to pay the hourly rate, but it was funny how many visitors were hip to what they really had to pay. Even if they would pay the hourly rate, it was not worth it, it just took out some of the sting.

As many of you drivers know, the mileage rates on UberX are poor, as it is. Further, you receive next to nothing for sitting in traffic. Finally, tips on UberX are next to non-existent. I have yet to receive a Cherry Blossom job on UberX, although I did receive one on Uber Taxi some time back. At least the meter is running on those and you do receive tips on most Uber Taxi trips.

I do not know how you can avoid Cherry Blossom trips on UberX, short of calling the customer and making sure that he is not going to see them. You could try to avoid hotels and decline pings on M Street or Wisconsin Avenue in Georgetown, but that would succeed only partially. There are far too many locals who go to see them or who bring guests who want to see them.

I can avoid them, and will avoid them on UberX by leaving the UberX car at home and driving the cab during their peak. Anyone who wants to pay what the meter reads to see the Cherry Blossoms can do so. In truth, I would prefer to avoid them even with a meter, but it is still profitable with the meter (one of the few times that I like the meter).

I would wonder if Cherry Blossom jobs would contribute to the damaging of a driver's rating. After a driver runs his first one, sees the pittance that Uber pays him and remembers that there was no tip, he will show his distaste to the next Cherry Blossom passenger. Further, as the passengers are sitting in traffic, they will wonder where is the water and the mints that "all of the other Uber drivers" or "my last Uber driver" have or had. The lack of those amenities will inspire a downrating, as well.

Best of luck at avoiding Cherry Blossom jobs!

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
The cherry blossoms are supposed to peak in a week or a little more than that, so you will have the mobs down on the Tidal Basin and everyone in the Entire Metropolitan Area is going to be getting into his car and driving down there.

Back when the D.C. cabs had zones, we used to dread those jobs. In all my years of hacking under zones, I had only two, but they fit the descriptions given by most of the drivers. The jobs paid very poorly. In addition, the tips were poor. Sometimes, you could get lucky and get the passengers to agree to pay the hourly rate, but it was funny how many visitors were hip to what they really had to pay. Even if they would pay the hourly rate, it was not worth it, it just took out some of the sting.

As many of you drivers know, the mileage rates on UberX are poor, as it is. Further, you receive next to nothing for sitting in traffic. Finally, tips on UberX are next to non-existent. I have yet to receive a Cherry Blossom job on UberX, although I did receive one on Uber Taxi some time back. At least the meter is running on those and you do receive tips on most Uber Taxi trips.

I do not know how you can avoid Cherry Blossom trips on UberX, short of calling the customer and making sure that he is not going to see them. You could try to avoid hotels and decline pings on M Street or Wisconsin Avenue in Georgetown, but that would succeed only partially. There are far too many locals who go to see them or who bring guests who want to see them.

I can avoid them, and will avoid them on UberX by leaving the UberX car at home and driving the cab during their peak. Anyone who wants to pay what the meter reads to see the Cherry Blossoms can do so. In truth, I would prefer to avoid them even with a meter, but it is still profitable with the meter (one of the few times that I like the meter).

I would wonder if Cherry Blossom jobs would contribute to the damaging of a driver's rating. After a driver runs his first one, sees the pittance that Uber pays him and remembers that there was no tip, he will show his distaste to the next Cherry Blossom passenger. Further, as the passengers are sitting in traffic, they will wonder where is the water and the mints that "all of the other Uber drivers" or "my last Uber driver" have or had. The lack of those amenities will inspire a downrating, as well.

So you take them down to basin and say where would you like to be dropped off? Oh we just want you to slowly drive around. Nope end ride and find a safe spot to unload them. Then 1 star them. I don't see the problem.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I dunno I think this is an overreaction but that's just me. I also like doing airport runs do maybe I just am a glutton for the abuse

·
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me know how your Cherry Blossom jobs go. They should be hitting peak some time between Tuesday and Friday next. Unless my moderating duties require it, I will not be on the forum until Tuesday next.

Have a good one, boys and girls and let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
171 Posts

Vous serez manqué par moi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.