Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this July 3rd, did Lyft approve a new class grade because if not this is pathetic. It doesn't even have rear plates. It cant be true.

Attachments

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
I saw this July 3rd, did Lyft approve a new class grade because if not this is pathetic. It doesn't even have rear plates. It cant be true.
Guarantee farmer? Or weekend warrior, just enough rides to make car payments?

Alternatively, a Select guy who never switches out of SelectONLY, and takes Lyft pings for incentives/PTsurge/to get subsidized for relocatong and drivkng around looking for pings

PS openingthis thread, I almost expected to see pics of me...mines anything BUT new, though. And just looks good

PPS this COULD be a himileage waxed up detailed 2012 base model 320i...which is even easier to mistake for new, but is an absolute Mazda cimpared to my e90 '11 335d.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
And hey, if you need an explanation for why Lyft/Select pays better for working less compared to an all-platform-pings Uber Acct... then maybe consider some adult education? Algebra and stats, perhaps?

·
Registered
771 Posts
What a dummy smh

Even the ppl that act like they got big money are becoming too desperate. Tragic for them.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
What a dummy smh

Even the ppl that act like they got big money are becoming too desperate. Tragic for them.
3's aint exactly mega-expensive, you know???

Hell I got two of em, older ones but still.

You see someone drive a newish Prius, do you go "ugh friggin rich ppl"??? Cost A LOT more than a crisp looking, mildly used bimmer. And don't even get me started on brand new Ford Explorers and stuff like that...

Heck theres a Jeep Wrangler trim out there that cost like a new M3

·
Registered
697 Posts

You see someone drive a newish Prius, do you go "ugh friggin rich ppl"??? Cost A LOT more than a crisp looking, mildly used bimmer. And don't even get me started on brand new Ford Explorers and stuff like that...

the 2016 explorers seems to have problems after 4k-6k miles, something about the throttle, causing vehicle to go limp

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

I'm against anyone who buys a new car for ubering. But at least the Prius won't cost arm and a leg to maintain and doesn't depreciate as much as a bimmer. If the M3 owner decides to sell the car before the warranty runs out then the deprecation will eat up any money he made ubering. If he decides to hang on to the car then the maintenance will bite him in the ass.

The lesson is: If you want to do select stick with Lexus otherwise don't buy luxury cars you can't afford.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
I'm against anyone who buys a new car for ubering. But at least the Prius won't cost arm and a leg to maintain and doesn't depreciate as much as a bimmer. If the M3 owner decides to sell the car before the warranty runs out then the deprecation will eat up any money he made ubering. If he decides to hang on to the car then the maintenance will bite him in the ass.

The lesson is: If you want to do select stick with Lexus otherwise don't buy luxury cars you can't afford.
The heck? My 335d cost me 12k in february and has made it all back and then some

Also, seems Lyft just rolled out / is just rolling out 'Premier' (Lyft Select) in LA...just heard right now.

Dimwits didn't seem to realize OC drivers end up in LA nearly daily, so never sent me an opt in - trying to hammer it thru support right now

·
Registered
58 Posts
I drive by and flip these guys off. Captain obvious here : if u can afford it or act like u can afford this, then gtfo. I've said this all along, with many negative comments. Leave uber to us who ACTUALLY need it.

Or go find a job part time mowing lawns, or working at McDonald's. If I have to hear one more time..."oh well our last driver had a BMW and had waters" I swear. Yes my car is clean. It smells good. But it's not a BMW, because I'm not a moron. I wouldn't spend the money that could give u a down payment on a house to drive for $12 an hr.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I drive by and flip these guys off. Captain obvious here : if u can afford it or act like u can afford this, then gtfo. I've said this all along, with many negative comments. Leave uber to us who ACTUALLY need it.

Or go find a job part time mowing lawns, or working at McDonald's. If I have to hear one more time..."oh well our last driver had a BMW and had waters" I Fn swear. Yes my car is clean. It smells good. But it's not a BMW, because I'm not a moron. I wouldn't spend the money that could give u a down payment on a house to drive for $12 an hr.
or get a 2nd job as an Uber driver and write off all your luxury car expenses via taxes.

"I swear IRS enforcement officer, I drove 12k miles last year and didn't get a single ping! **** Uber!"

·
Banned
20,770 Posts

Or go find a job part time mowing lawns, or working at McDonald's. If I have to hear one more time..."oh well our last driver had a BMW and had waters" I Fn swear. Yes my car is clean. It smells good. But it's not a BMW, because I'm not a moron. I wouldn't spend the money that could give u a down payment on a house to drive for $12 an hr.
1468013372306.jpg

My car payment is $100/week. My insurance is $2/week (no typo).

I clear a grand or so. My fuel is the cheapest on the menu, diesel.

...whats that again about wasting money to burn???

PS i will NEVER have water.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
View attachment 47942
My car payment is $100/week. My insurance is $2/week (no typo).

I clear a grand or so. My fuel is the cheapest on the menu, diesel.

...whats that again about wasting money to burn???

PS i will NEVER have water.
Well, you are going to be making that payment way after you junk your car.

1000 a week on lyft is probably close to a 1000 miles a week = 48,000 miles a year. So in about 4 years you are going to need another bimmer to drive for a taxi. That would be another 20k if you bought it used or 40k if you bought a new one like that dummy.

Cost of ownership for the 3 series.
http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/3-series/2015/cost-to-own/

* 10k depreciation just for the 1st year!!
* 4k a year on repairs and maintenance after the first 3 years.

Cost of ownership for Prius.
http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/prius/2015/cost-to-own/

New cars are for people who can absorb the cost associated with it. Now someone willing to drive people around for 90 cents a miles.

And god forbid you get into an accident. Pretty sure $2 a week doesn't cover ride sharing.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
I think most would be surprised the gas mileage you get in a 3 series. Especially if it's a 328d.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts