Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I gave a ride to 3 women waiting in the car pool at Grand Lake in Oakland. Just before I got to the Fremont exit the lady in the front seat asked me if I could drop her off on Howard Street. I told her I'd drop her off on Fremont or Howard depending on traffic. She then went to ask me how far down Howard I would be going and if I was going as far down as Second Street. Realizing she wanted a free ride I said No, I'm not going to take you any further than the car pool drop. But if you want we can turn on the Uber App and you can pay me to take you down to Second St. She just said no, some drivers are nice and will just take me for free if it's on the way. Some people are just unbelievable.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Today I gave a ride to 3 women waiting in the car pool at Grand Lake in Oakland. Just before I got to the Fremont exit the lady in the front seat asked me if I could drop her off on Howard Street. I told her I'd drop her off on Fremont or Howard depending on traffic. She then went to ask me how far down Howard I would be going and if I was going as far down as Second Street. Realizing she wanted a free ride I said No, I'm not going to take you any further than the car pool drop. But if you want we can turn on the Uber App and you can pay me to take you down to Second St. She just said no, some drivers are nice and will just take me for free if it's on the way. Some people are just unbelievable.
That's why I don't carpool for free id rather suffer in traffic then pick up these cheap people. Think about it they are cheaper then the pax who take Bart/muni and cheaper then the express pool riders

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Do these pax pay anything or is it a complete free ride?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I never ask for money? Idk the only reason I'm picking them up is so I don't have to wait on the bridge for an hour a half and the gained time is my payment. They help me get to work faster, that's enough for me. It's customary to offer a $1, but it's also customary to listen to NPR and I never do that so lol...

I'll wait 20 minutes extra at the toll both before picking up any of those car pool bimbos.
20 minutes?? What bridge you crossing and at what time? Lol. The bay bridge can take 45 mins to an hour+ just to get through the booth once you hit the bumper to bumper cars. It's gets really ugly, I've seen people throw shit out of their car at other cars lol like their damn lunch. Could watch a whole movie in your car on Thursday mornings without casual carpool. I find it worth picking them up when I wake up late and want to work a morning in SF, but ya I would never do it if I was only saving 20 minutes.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I never ask for money? Idk the only reason I'm picking them up is so I don't have to wait on the bridge for an hour a half and the gained time is my payment. They help me get to work faster, that's enough for me. It's customary to offer a $1, but it's also customary to listen to NPR and I never do that so lol...

20 minutes?? What bridge you crossing and at what time? Lol. The bay bridge can take 45 mins to an hour+ just to get through the booth once you hit the bumper to bumper cars. It's gets really ugly, I've seen people throw shit out of their car at other cars lol like their damn lunch. Could watch a whole movie in your car on Thursday mornings without casual carpool. I find it worth picking them up when I wake up late and want to work a morning in SF, but ya I would never do it if I was only saving 20 minutes.
It was 9:45 AM. Towards the end of the commute.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
5 college kids on a $5 ride (minimum fare) and they proceed to split it 5 ways.

And this was after they bamboozled me by having the front seat passenger distract me while the 5th one snuck in. I literally look back and see 4 heads.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts