Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday nights here in RVA there are two places drivers can go to where they are literally guaranteed 2.5x-3.9x fares as those venues let out.

Of course, cheap pax know this as well and try to walk a couple blocks to beat the surge. Sorry, no dice. They usually cover a 2-mile radius. No one, especially drunk wants to walk that far.

Last night I get a request to pick up at Shockoe Slip (3 miles way-still a 1.5x) and then I get a call from the pax, telling me there's a glitch and they're actually at one of the two venues.

Me: "Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Computers, huh? Don't worry; there will be an Uber waiting for you."

Wait the 5 minutes, grab cancel fee. Sorry, don't play the unwitting fool. I might have driven you if you were just honest and told me you didn't want to pay the current surge.

The things people do to try to avoid paying surge, huh?

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Setting the pin outside the surge. Once driver accepts they update the pickup location to the og surge area.
I would hope that the system would auto-correct the fare like that but I am not sure that it always do it. I see no problems with sitting at the pin and collecting the no show fee. Personally I wouldn't want to go pick up the scheming PAX. They purposely made me waste my gas driving to a false location now they want me to go to the real location all for what $0.00 Tip? No, No, I'm sitting there and collecting my fee and picking up somebody else because guess what if it's surging that means there is no need to chase a PAX around the city.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.