Uber Drivers Forum banner

Cheap Dash Cam suggestions

727 views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  gustavusadolphus 
#1 ·
I’m a part time driver and don’t want spend too much on Dash Cam. Can anyone suggest an economic dash cam? Thank you.

#11 ·
After researching a while, I got the Xiaomi 70mai off banggood [insert your own joke here].

I don't think I'm allowed to post a direct link, but you can easily find it there.

This was the cheapest reliable place I could find for it. There are what appear to be cheaper versions on ebay and the like, but they are the Chinese language version, which you don't want unless you're Chinese. The Chinese version has a Chinese manual and only recognises Mandarin voice activated commands. You need the EU/US/Rest of World version, which is in English with English voice activated commands. It's much less widely available as came out about a year after the Chinese version.

I got a couple of Samsung EVO Plus MicroSDXC cards to go with it from Cheap Chips in Brisbane.

One note - it's designed for left-hand drive not right-hand drive, so the LED indicator and microphone are on the wrong side. Other than that very happy with it so far. Haven't had any need for it yet, so happiest about that.

#13 ·
ha! fair cop

Camera's $63 (AUD) at the moment, you can probably find a discount coupon online at the usual places. Banggood aren't known for their prompt delivery, so I paid $15 for express post which took about a week I think.

The cards were $36.30 each, plus postage. They're genuine but grey market, chinese imports not the Aus version.

#15 ·
They're 64GB, which is the maximum the manual says is supported. Gives you about six hours recording loop, in 1 minute files. If it detects a collision the videos are saved separately as "Event Videos", claimed capacity 40 videos. Finally there's a reserved area for photos (which you can take with a voice command), capacity 300 photos.

I read posts elsewhere which suggested you could use 128GB cards but didn't want to chance it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.