Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never posted tip rant. But yesterday was enough. Got an Uber eat request. Went to pick up. Employees gave ne like 10 bags of deals. It was a bug order for I think minimum 12-14 people. I was happy that i would get tipped good, (based on my pizza delivery experience. Big tips for big orders.
I knocked door after waiting, a young lady came and asked if I can help her in putting food , i did.
No tip, total layout 5.94 only. Delivering 10 bags of food for 5 bucks. I am feeling bad for me. If i had not to pay my semester fee, I would never have done uber eats.

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
I have never posted tip rant. But yesterday was enough. Got an Uber eat request. Went to pick up. Employees gave ne like 10 bags of deals. It was a bug order for I think minimum 12-14 people. I was happy that i would get tipped good, (based on my pizza delivery experience. Big tips for big orders.
I knocked door after waiting, a young lady came and asked if I can help her in putting food , i did.
No tip, total layout 5.94 only. Delivering 10 bags of food for 5 bucks. I am feeling bad for me. If i had not to pay my semester fee, I would never have done uber eats.
The no tipping on Uber Eats by the Pax, kills any incentive to do it. The amount per delivery combined with the no earnings while waiting for the restaurant, makes Uber Eats non viable as a side gig. Its definitely a generational thing. Generation Y do NOT tip at all! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
If i had not to pay my semester fee, I would never have done uber eats.
Be proud of yourself. You are working near the bottom of the employment ladder, paying for your education and all through your own resources. When you get older you will have more self-confidence and pride and you will have respect for all the "little people" who work in the background keeping things rolling.

Hurts now though. I sympathize.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used to do Uber Eats before the pay cut, and on some deliveries you would lose money, it's almost impossible to make minimum wage after your car expense. Uber is greedy and they are telling drivers that the new pay structure is "about" the same as the previous one, which is a lie.

·
Premium Member
19,592 Posts
I used to do Uber Eats before the pay cut, and on some deliveries you would lose money, it's almost impossible to make minimum wage after your car expense. Uber is greedy and they are telling drivers that the new pay structure is "about" the same as the previous one, which is a lie.
They basically pushing it into bicycle only venture.
Or, do lyft and food deliveries at the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts