Uber Drivers Forum banner

Chased surge, no bonus

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Jo3030 
#1 ·
On Sunday 12/23, I left my home Virginia and headed towards a large, $12 surge near Bethesda, Md. Specifically, was off of River Road, near Seven Locks Road. Know this is folly to "chase the surge." But because it's the holidays I figured why not. Got to the $12 surge in time and virtually certain drove through lower surge to do so. This can be confirmed by the records.

Now, according to system that Uber put in some time ago I should have gotten message saying something along lines of "your next trip will be guaranteed $12 surge." Got no such message even thought I know have gotten them recently. Was waiting and got message saying "you're in high demand area" but no calls. Now, to my dismay, the $12 surge disappeared, entirely. Not from $12 to $9 but $12 to zero, which is odd in itself.

So at this point I wrote up my issue and at least half the responses were auto reply or people just not reading. I have not trip ID# to give Uber since there was NO trip. Just feels like I made rookie mistake chasing the surge but in this case, I was there and should have gotten it.

#2 ·
On Sunday 12/23, I left my home Virginia and headed towards a large, $12 surge near Bethesda, Md. Specifically, was off of River Road, near Seven Locks Road. Know this is folly to "chase the surge." But because it's the holidays I figured why not. Got to the $12 surge in time and virtually certain drove through lower surge to do so. This can be confirmed by the records.

Now, according to system that Uber put in some time ago I should have gotten message saying something along lines of "your next trip will be guaranteed $12 surge." Got no such message even thought I know have gotten them recently. Was waiting and got message saying "you're in high demand area" but no calls. Now, to my dismay, the $12 surge disappeared, entirely. Not from $12 to $9 but $12 to zero, which is odd in itself.

So at this point I wrote up my issue and at least half the responses were auto reply or people just not reading. I have not trip ID# to give Uber since there was NO trip. Just feels like I made rookie mistake chasing the surge but in this case, I was there and should have gotten it.
You live and learn. Don't sweat it. But never chase surge it's sucker bait.

#7 ·
I’ve noticed that if you turn off your app while getting to surge area your most likely to reach it. I’ve learned to NEVER CHASE SURGE tho as all ants and trying to do the same and killing it by getting near it

I’ve noticed that if you turn off your app while getting to surge area your most likely to reach it. I’ve learned to NEVER CHASE SURGE tho as all ants and trying to do the same and killing it by aproching

#8 ·

you've been uber scammed

#10 ·

This in short is how the nature of ur fuber endeavor will always b

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.