Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.chariotforwomen.com

Hey Everyone,

Is anyone working for this company or has tried to apply for them. Chariot is in New York city and is moving to Boston starting April 19th. As the App says it's for women only, I know that might fly running under the same as women only gyms. But as for terms of employment that would be discriminatory of a persons sex. I have looked at there driver employment application and it doesn't ask the question. (Which no application should) But when they look at your name and driver license picture, they will know that you are a evil man :confused:.

So what do you guys think. o_O

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sue them! When and if they come to Charlotte ill jump on the class action bandwagon.
What? You wont hire me cause i have the wrong junk?
I'm a woman and I'm sick and tired of sexual discrimination. Dividing people is destroying this country.

Shut 'em down.
I know, I don't think its right.

I am thinking of applying, just wanted to know if anyone (Male) has tried too.:confused:

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is an interview with the two founders :rolleyes:

www.founderswire.com/the-founders/exclusive-chariot-for-women-driven-by-women-speeds-to-market/

It gets me a little mad on a couple of points like:

"The service will fully tailor the experience to women, including free ride incentives, and beauty services en route, offering passengers 15 minutes makeovers in the back seat" WTF really.

and that a person like myself is a danger to all women (mothers, children) around the world that use any rideshare service. So strange women picking up another women is safer.

Double standards...:mad::mad::mad:

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hope you guys sue Hooters, Winghouse and Tilted Kilt while you're at it
Big difference, because if my wife wants to go to Hooters she can. This apps says no to someone for employment and for use of service because of one's sex.

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Your wait is over. There is everything wrong with this
Well said...

and

Charter 151B (in Massachusetts)

Section 4. It shall be an unlawful practice:

1. For an employer, by himself or his agent, because of the race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, which shall not include persons whose sexual orientation involves minor children as the sex object, genetic information, or ancestry of any individual to refuse to hire or employ or to bar or to discharge from employment such individual or to discriminate against such individual in compensation or in terms, conditions or privileges of employment, unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
at the end of the article ... but men could still apply to work there. When a business bars a sex from working and using such services. That's the problem.

"Some businesses have won special consideration under state law. In 1996, a Boston lawyer sued women-only health club Healthworks because he couldn't apply to become a member. A judge agreed, but opponents eventually lobbied the state Legislature to carve out an exemption in state gender discrimination law for fitness facilities."

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
You guys have to understand. it's the reverse discrimination. I'm not trying to apply to use a woman's only gym, because if I took that to court and ever on won. I would have to go to the gym. Didn't work out before not going to now. It's to work for / use a service that I currently use both as a PAX and driver. They are telling me I can't use there service because I'm a man and I endanger there woman drivers which is there agreement.

It's not right because it's women doing the sex discrimination. That's not OK, they can't have there cake and eat it too.

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Always try to turn any negatives into a positive.
I also hear what you have to say. Trust me, my biggest fear with driving women is having a complaint brought against me. Then it's automatically her words against mine (in the eyes of the public). But it's also the general claim that "all" men endanger women PAX/Drivers . It's the attack is on me, because I'm a man, both a driver / PAX. I'm sure women would act in the same way if the rolls were reverse.

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Reverse discrimination implies that there was discrimination to begin with. I love that term. You sure you wanna go with that?
Yup all day everyday. I don't like it when people do.

Smile Rectangle Font Circle Handwriting

Just because women do it doesn't make it right.

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Lol obnoxious? Because I don't care about your personal experiences? Poor you *sad face* Pass over the Charlottesville matter? Please, don't. Go ahead. Again, women don't go around crying rape. The woman in the unc case was manipulated by the DA and detective. That fault and blame should and was placed on the DA and the detective.

As a female driver I hear other female passengers tell me all the time how happy they are that I'm a woman and how much safer they feel. I'm here for women feeling safer and having a safer ridesharing experience. I believe I read an article on here saying that the amount of sexual assaults/ assaults reported by uber were MUCH less than the real number.
But you have to understand the reason that you can say what you say is there is no more discrimination against women in the eyes of the law. I am not saying it doesn't happen in the workplace. If Uber were to say that it would limit female drivers to only driving at day time 8am-8pm. Because it puts them (women) at risk, I am sure you would like it. Your mind set is that it's not happening to you, so no big deal and laugh about it.

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Wow, you really feel discriminated against? Jesus. You do realize there is still a huge wage gap that IS affecting me, a woman. Are you fighting to close that wage gap? Or, because it doesn't affect (you actually benefit from it) are you apathetic about it?
I do...

I work for the federal government were we have the GS pay system. Everyone here has equal pay, the only time you have any difference in pay, is in the time you have been here for.

I just don't like people letting me I can't do a job that I already do. (within the law) You know you would feel the same was if the role was reverse.

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
What if I identify myself as a transgender woman...
Even if you were in transition, if your drivers license says male. In the eyes of the law you are a male, until that is change to female. But that opens another discussion.

This is the world we live in. If men were bullies to women and then people come out in arms against it. But when a women does the bullying to men and say to make us feel empowered, then it's ok.

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Gotta admit I haven't looked much into Chariot, but if women want their own rideshare service driven by women, go for it.
You have to understand , it's not just driving for them. It's because I am a man, I can't even use there service. I am a paying customer that uses rideshare services. How is this different from a restaurant, not hiring or serving someone because of there race. It's not right, how you candy coat it. That's why the law groups everyone "because of the race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation". Just because you are a women, doesn't give you the right to do so.

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
just don't see what the big deal is if they're marketing towards women drivers and passengers. That's their niche. Who's hurt by that?
You need to read why they are doing this, from there website and google play. They are implying that all men in the rideshare business make it unsafe for women and children. This is why we (Chariot) need a only for women rideshare. So they are telling me that I can't use or be employed by there service because I make it unsafe for there drivers. That's the part I don't like about this. Just because there are other business choices out there for me to make, other people don't have the right to choice for me, because of my sex. I should have a choice to make on that business base of the quality and service they provide. (Sorry for the bad grammar)

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
I do intend to apply because no where dose it say on the application that this is only for women. I am just waiting for my re-new car registration to come in. I also signed up for to use the service on the app.

I'm not looking for money. I'm not a lawyer looking to make a name for himself. I'm not the type of person to sue a women only gym, just to never go to that gym. I am looking for equality for everyone, because when you accept one type of discrimination. You are saying it's OK for all types of discrimination.

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 · (Edited)
Good luck getting the court to rule female only drivers as a violation of EEOC. :p That would be the day...o_O
You know that's just part of what we are talking about. You forget that is not just hiring only men drivers. It's also the fact they are claiming. That I (being a male) can't use the service because I endanger women. That's the part that gets to me the most. They don't know me. By the claim "we are making it safe for women"

Listen, this company is not going to blow up everywhere. The company in New York that did something like in 2014. They thought it would be in other city's by now and they are still in NYC. I'm not trying to stop competition. It's going to be there own downfall by excluding men from the service as drivers and passengers. They're not enough women drivers to handle the demand. Then do you think that woman Chariot driver is just going to run only one app. Nope she'll have Uber/Lyft app open too. So now women who went out that night in hopes of a Chariot ride home are going to be force to use that "unsafe" male Uber /Lyft driver.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.