Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
17,830 Posts
I Hope you guys sue Hooters, Winghouse and Tilted Kilt while you're at it. A lot of women refuse to ride with male uber or Lyft drivers for fear of safety. I know I don't after a certain time. Nothing that a male predator loves more than being isolated with a vulnerable woman in the back of their car. How many news stories have you heard where a female uber or Lyft driver was doing something nefarious? Don't worry, I'll wait. There is nothing wrong with this. Get over yourselves.
It breaks Federal law. All genders have equal opportunity employment rights.
Get over YOUR self.

· Registered
17,830 Posts
Sue them them and see what happens. Having EXCLUSIVELY female drivers are ESSENTIAL to their business model. Are you woman? Are you a trans-woman? No? Then YOU don't get the job. End of story. You'll be able to file the lawsuit but, you'll never win in a court. Do you guys also go around wanting to go to women's colleges and universities as well? Women only gyms?
You are hopelessly ignorant of the world in 2016.
5 years ago a young man graduated from Wellesley College, i believe he implied lawsuit if he wasnt accepted.
What are you, neanderthal, insisting gender roles stay in the 19th century?

· Registered
17,830 Posts
Not going to argue the legality etc. BUT

IT IS SAFER. That's an indisputable fact. Women are less likely to commit violent crimes, and if they do, are going to be easier to fight off.

How many women have been sexually assaulted by other women? By men? Knocked out by a woman's fist? A man's?
Try to quickly name 5 male and 5 female serial killers.

Before men complain about how this is discriminatory to men, maybe they should ask why women fear men in the first place.

And if your daughter were getting a ride from a stranger at 3am to a cabin in a deserted area would you REALLY feel she was just as safe with a male driver as,a female?

And please don't give me the "Not all men" argument.
Sure its going to be safer.
But you cant have it both ways.
Equality is a double edged sword- feminism fought for voting, pay, and equal opportunity employment rights because it covers over 90% of disparity between the genders.
You cant bend the law simply because it blocks a niche business which would make a few people feel safer.

We are a nation of laws.

The only way this thing will fly is as some sort of charity. They may not employ one gender or the other outside of an Entertainment clause.

Hey, there it is! "Dial-A-Lesbian Stripper Limo company".
Offensive, but legal.

You're welcome!

· Registered
17,830 Posts
Jesus.

I see this convo hasn't gotten ANY better since the last time I checked in.

Anyway, does anyone else find it interesting that the founder of this company is a man? And that his wife serves as the president? Kind of goes against for women, BY women, no?

Also, why is everyone so angry at Hustlehard? Especially TwoFiddyMile.

As far as Chariot, buddy's gonna have a hard time making this work. Perhaps, he should market the service to women, and allow riders to CHOOSE a female or male driver. That way your company isn't getting lawyered up something crazy before you even launch.

I mean, the guy admitted it took him all of 10 minutes to come up with Chariot.

And it shows.
I was alright with ms Hustlehard til she decided to throw Susan B Anthony under the bus for being white.

I dont suffer racists gladly. Im the only white man in my housing development.
Hell, im the only white person living in my house, which also contains my non white wife and mother in law and my mixed race kids.

Dont play the race card around me.

· Registered
17,830 Posts
They don't admit males and college admission is subject to the same set of regulations as employment.

Calm your nuts down. You aren't a constitutional lawyer and seem to have very little understanding in this issue. The Supreme Court will hear a case on a female UPS driver who was forced to take unpaid leave as opposed to a desk job whilst pregnant. So not just the standard unpaid maternity leave but leave for 6 months. Women are a protected class but even cases like the UPS thing aren't black and white.

Good luck getting the court to rule female only drivers as a violation of EEOC. :p That would be the day...o_O
They do admit males when pressed by federal law.
Im discusted by the untruths bandied about by a class of human i have defended time and time again.

· Registered
17,830 Posts
Yeah, Lilly white Massachusetts, that bused minorities. Actually I was born here but didn't grow up here. Ask any black person and they will tell you Massachusetts is very racist, quiet as it is kept. So please don't extoll the virtues of this uber liberal bastion of educated fools.
P.S. I do like my home state and any reference to anyone from here is not intended to label them or slander them.
Bussing was federally mandated.
South Boston and Charlestown shamed themselves and proved 100 years of inbreeding were a bad thing.
Im a native of mass, I had almost never heard people use the N word until i moved back to my home state in 1980.

But there are worse places- NC is almost unfixable.
Of the 4 regions in the United States I lived, NY was the most colorblind.

· Registered
17,830 Posts
The solution to the little men complaining would be chariot for men only. No need to get salty why women get treated slightly better or differently. Stop whining. On the positive side you'll be able to drive for Uber, Lyft and Chariot. End of story.
I could market the hell out of "for discerning gentlemen " but it would be driven by female chauffeurs. They would be separated from the pax by partition.
Id recruit tough hood chicks as drivers.
Would make a fortune.

But not rideshare- luxury sedan service called "Champagne Room Car Service".

· Registered
17,830 Posts
You know where women have more power than men?
Family court.
I had a chat with a lawyer a number of years ago when things werent going so swimmingly.
He had a prepared speech.
"Dont plan on getting custody of your kids. You could spend millions and wouldnt be likely to get custody of your kids..."

Thankfully, everything worked out and my family stayed together.
Wouldnt want to end up in family court, im a man and hold no power in those waters.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.