Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 222 Posts

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.chariotforwomen.com

Hey Everyone,

Is anyone working for this company or has tried to apply for them. Chariot is in New York city and is moving to Boston starting April 19th. As the App says it's for women only, I know that might fly running under the same as women only gyms. But as for terms of employment that would be discriminatory of a persons sex. I have looked at there driver employment application and it doesn't ask the question. (Which no application should) But when they look at your name and driver license picture, they will know that you are a evil man :confused:.

So what do you guys think. o_O

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sue them! When and if they come to Charlotte ill jump on the class action bandwagon.
What? You wont hire me cause i have the wrong junk?
I'm a woman and I'm sick and tired of sexual discrimination. Dividing people is destroying this country.

Shut 'em down.
I know, I don't think its right.

I am thinking of applying, just wanted to know if anyone (Male) has tried too.:confused:

· Premium Member
26,819 Posts
It has yet to show up here, but if it does, I will apply just to get some lawyer who is trying to make a name for himself interested. In this town, every third person is a lawyer, so there is always someone who is looking for a chance to stand out from the crowd.

When the Revolution comes, the Washington Metropolitan Area will suffer a severe de-population.

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is an interview with the two founders :rolleyes:

www.founderswire.com/the-founders/exclusive-chariot-for-women-driven-by-women-speeds-to-market/

It gets me a little mad on a couple of points like:

"The service will fully tailor the experience to women, including free ride incentives, and beauty services en route, offering passengers 15 minutes makeovers in the back seat" WTF really.

and that a person like myself is a danger to all women (mothers, children) around the world that use any rideshare service. So strange women picking up another women is safer.

Double standards...:mad::mad::mad:

· Premium Member
26,819 Posts
and that a person like myself is a danger to all women (mothers, children) around the world that use any rideshare service. So strange women picking up another women is safer.

Double standards...:mad::mad::mad:
Welcome to my world.

For years, people have profiled cab drivers as cheating, lying, no-bath-taking, non-teeth-brushing, lecherous, racist, sexist, non-English-speaking,
un-edge-uh-mah-kaytidd, poorly raised, non-tax-paying, geographically challenged criminals who drive broken-down smelly and dirty cars. Yet these same people who profile cab drivers can not stop boo-hoo-hoo-ing about how cab drivers allegedly profile.

Yup, double standards, allright. Cab drivers have been getting the short end of them for years.

· Registered
24 Posts
I Hope you guys sue Hooters, Winghouse and Tilted Kilt while you're at it. A lot of women refuse to ride with male uber or Lyft drivers for fear of safety. I know I don't after a certain time. Nothing that a male predator loves more than being isolated with a vulnerable woman in the back of their car. How many news stories have you heard where a female uber or Lyft driver was doing something nefarious? Don't worry, I'll wait. There is nothing wrong with this. Get over yourselves.

· Registered
592 Posts
I Hope you guys sue Hooters, Winghouse and Tilted Kilt while you're at it. A lot of women refuse to ride with male uber or Lyft drivers for fear of safety. I know I don't after a certain time. Nothing that a male predator loves more than being isolated with a vulnerable woman in the back of their car. How many news stories have you heard where a female uber or Lyft driver was doing something nefarious? Don't worry, I'll wait. There is nothing wrong with this. Get over yourselves.
Dont forget Twin Peaks...thats were I met Shelby....What a looker..... sigh, good times, good times

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hope you guys sue Hooters, Winghouse and Tilted Kilt while you're at it
Big difference, because if my wife wants to go to Hooters she can. This apps says no to someone for employment and for use of service because of one's sex.

· Registered
17,830 Posts
It breaks Federal law. All genders have equal opportunity employment rights.
Get over YOUR self.

· Premium Member
26,819 Posts
I Hope you guys sue Hooters, Winghouse and Tilted Kilt while you're at it.

A lot of women refuse to ride with male uber or Lyft drivers for fear of safety.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

There is nothing wrong with this.

Get over yourselves.
Your wait is over. There is everything wrong with this.

The woman who refuses to ride with the male driver is the "consumer". Consumers have wider discretion than do providers. The consumer can refuse to accept the service requested at discretion. "Discretion", in this context, means that the consumer ain't gotta' give no reason fer it. Conversely, the provider can be required to render a reason for failure to provide service.

I am not familiar with the other two, or the third one cited by NachonCheeze, nor have I ever eaten or drunk at Hooters, but, as I understand it, Hooters is selling mainly bustin' loose to heterosexual males. As this is an essential part of their business model, it gets a pass. It falls under the category "sound business reason". A transvestite (apply this word in its obsolete sense) with silicone falsies will not achieve the same ends. I am guessing that Hooters does not employ waitresses with A cups. It gets a pass on this one, as well. Finally, males and less "gifted" females can secure alternate employment at Hooters as host/hostess, cook, manager, accountant, bouncer, table busser, cashier, ....you get the idea.

You might counter that Chariot is selling a safe ride to females and is using the female only driver model to achieve that, thus it has "sound business reasons". That might hold water, but it don't make no steam. An interlocutor could argue that the management of Chariot is profiling males as rapists. One could submit the argument that a male driver who passes a background check is just as safe. In fact, if the jurisdiction requires an FBI fingerprint/background check of TNC drivers, the argument would go double. While a female driver might be hard put to violate a female passenger, what would stop her from discharging a firearm in the wrong direction or committing armed robbery of a passenger? What Chariot is selling is a safe ride. A female driver is not a requirement for the rendering of a safe ride.

You do not need the female driver to sell safety to other females. You do need the "gifted" female to sell your brand to heterosexual males. The latter is Hooter's target audience. As Dan The Lyft Man correctly points out, despite Hooter's target audience's being heterosexual males, that is not a requirement to purchase a beer or a burger, there. If you are gay (of either gender), a female (of any orientation) or whatever, if you are willing to pay for a beer, a burger or both, Hooters will sell any or all of it to you.

As far as "getting over yourself" goes, I will warrant that more than a few cab drivers would love to have had that defence when they were hauled before the appropriate tribunal for refusing to carry someone to a certain neighbourhood.

In the case of Mitchell, et al. vs. DCX, I suspect that the management of DCX would have been ecstatic to have had that as a defence against those
do-gooders who sued them because their drivers did not hang out in certain neighbourhoods to wait for calls. Considering that it is still not specifically against any law for any limousine, cab or TNC driver to avoid hanging out in certain neighbourhoods to look for passengers, the management of DCX should have been able to tell those busybodies to "get over themselves". Funny, it did not work out that way.

· Banned
11,817 Posts
Dont forget Twin Peaks...thats were I met Shelby....What a looker..... sigh, good times, good times
When I go to the nuddie bar with Al Bundy, I don't want to see some dudes junk in a man thong swinging on a brass pole. But I must bring up one question. What if the person is transgender? Would that make a good topic for Jerry Springer.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.