Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS!! Once again, I saw on my payment statement that I've been charged $10 for a "device subscription fee" even though I've been using my own phone for most of the year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I brought my Uber phone back almost a year ago and have been using my own phone ever since. I sent an email to support about the issue, but this strikes me as "one of those things" that happens with companies like this where they occasionally throw in a bogus charge and hope you don't notice. Otherwise, why would their system suddenly forget that I'm on record having returned their phone?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, and I just got an email from them that says they have in their records that they issued me a device and that they'll stop the fees as soon as I prove I returned it!

The only phone they gave me was the original one over a YEAR ago. I returned it at least 9 months ago.

·
Registered
141 Posts
UGH... I hate this. Reminds me of what Comcast did to me. The only way I got away from the fraudulent charges was to drop them as a company and take the hit on my credit. Unfortunately, not an option here in your case. The only thing I would think to do is keep disputing it every month and keep records of it. By the time you get sick of Ubers crap and leave the company you can have the backup when it hits your credit and you can dispute the credit score.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
The only phone they gave me was the original one over a YEAR ago. I returned it at least 9 months ago.
If you were charged the device subscription fee of $10/Week prior to returning the phone, and then Uber stopped charging you the fee subsequent to you returning the phone, show Uber the Pay Statements to prove that you did indeed return the phone.
Good luck...keep the forum posted.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: After sending a second email to support, someone emailed back and said it was "in error" and they're reimbursing me. Not to sound cynical, but I can't help but notice that errors on my payment statements are never in the other direction, resulting in overpayment. Sorry, but how do these errors occur? How does a computer just suddenly think I still have an Uber phone and overcharge me by itself?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh it now in error shady uber strick again. no wonder they move there office they need make sure no one know where they are for too long

Update: After sending a second email to support, someone emailed back and said it was "in error" and they're reimbursing me. Not to sound cynical, but I can't help but notice that errors on my payment statements are never in the other direction, resulting in overpayment. Sorry, but how do these errors occur? How does a computer just suddenly think I still have an Uber phone and overcharge me by itself?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts