Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call now from channel 7 asking me if I would like to be interviewed. They asked me if I'm part time and invited me to speak with them for a TV show. I declined.

Anyone else got a call?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got a call yesterday from someone saying they were from uber and would I like to be interviewed for TV paying $35.00ph I declined also.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Tell them UBER treat their "partners" like shit. Constantly cut rates, increase rates for new drivers and you can be deactivated for a fake report.
Oh wait, the public love uber so thats the main thing.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Tell them UBER treat their "partners" like shit. Constantly cut rates, increase rates for new drivers and you can be deactivated for a fake report.
Oh wait, the public love uber so thats the main thing.
I am sure there are a few forum members that would be happy to tell the cameras how good uber is for them. Strangely enough they have not posted on this thread

·
Registered
469 Posts
I got these calls 3 months ago, $35 hour for what?? No thanks....
Two months before that, smh wanted to profile me; again $35 hour. I asked for more, but was told its a news story- not a promo or advert?
Really?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Being on TV pays a special price $35h??? That's a joke! What about interviewing celebreties and all other people on news, they get paid $20k++ lol

What changes we will get? Pax won't care but we are being the burden getting cut 25% + we also paying uber the GST. Really this is slavery work..

·
Premium Member
5,021 Posts
Was on television in the taxi once for one of the current affairs programs. Sort of conned into it was expecting it to be one thing, just a traffic report but turned out to be the best way to get from A to B around Adelaide. They were good guys just said run the meter ended up being 120 dollars.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I am sure there are a few forum members that would be happy to tell the cameras how good uber is for them. Strangely enough they have not posted on this thread
Uber's been good for me. I've had a news crew in my car and told them what I thought. It was all positive.

Having said that, I also say that Uber drivers need to go into it with their eyes open. There's a tonne of hidden costs, you need to know the rules, and if you think you're going to get rich you're fooling yourself.

Some Uber drivers get regular gigs. Guess you have to be well-presented, articulate, have a head for current affairs, and a little bit of tech savvy.

·
Registered
937 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hey Ben Hall,
I think your post sums me up to a tee.
Hmm, 10:30am on a Saturday morning, the most lovely Mrs Avago has to go to a work function for the rest of the day.
Avago, what to do for the next 8-10 hrs?
Hey, I think I'll drive Uber till 8-9 pm, and make maybe $30-35 ph after Uber's cut.
What's not to like about Uber in my case.
See you out there and drive safely..

p.s., I have a great face for radio, so you'll certainly not be seeing me on the tv.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hey Ben Hall,
I think your post sums me up to a tee.
Hmm, 10:30am on a Saturday morning, the most lovely Mrs Avago has to go to a work function for the rest of the day.
Avago, what to do for the next 8-10 hrs?
Hey, I think I'll drive Uber till 8-9 pm, and make maybe $30-35 ph after Uber's cut.
What's not to like about Uber in my case.
See you out there and drive safely..

p.s., I have a great face for radio, so you'll certainly not be seeing me on the tv.
Hey Avago,
I too am happy to drive Uber and I am very grateful to have quite a flexible work opportunity.
Your figures are probably right for a Saturday drive now and then.
If this was your full time income you will find that it averages out to be around $30-$35 ph before Uber's cut.
After expenses, your taxable income is pretty much around $19-$22 ph.
Believe me, I put big hours in to make it work as a full time income, big hours.
Look, there are not many minimum wage jobs where you can work your own hours. So it's flexible yeah, but it does come with many associated risks too.
There you go channel 7, I'm your man- but i think i deserve $80 per hour from you please....thanks.
You drive safely too - though I probably may not see you out there unless you are incredibly fortunate enough to be my passenger one day........oh the stories we will share that day.....I really look forward to it!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts