Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing uberX and I work 6 day a week I'll like to change my car to uberSELECT but I will like to know how much can make with select

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ovi, I will strongly recommend you not to switch from X to select for a few reasons.

1- Uber wouldn't accept anything less than a 5 series and an E-class to do select. the IS, 3 series and C-class says are over
2- We are getting close to the high season, you will be able to make a decent amount of money weekly with all the surges, select not needed.
3- There is almost no demand for select car between April to september. you will average about 600 a week driving for over 65 hours.

select is not worth it overall though it has some advantages, but overall, forget about it. you can wait up to 3 hours under that hot summer sun without getting a single request. it is very frustrating to drive select.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the tip, I was thinking about 5 series and I live by Collins that is not a bad area, but that's fine I'm gonna keep my Corolla doing more that 60 hours for 600 per week

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
60 hours for $600?? Dude, get the Bimmer... you can do the same X rides but also pick up some Select and the extra %8 is irrelevant when the fares are double the X rate.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not sure who is saying SELECT is a waste....but I drive SELECT Part time FRI and SAT.....usually 5-7 hours and I make close to $400 if I add sunday which I have did when I wanted to pay for a vacation I made $600 easy on SELECT!! And the longest I have ever sat around waiting for a SELECT ping was maybe 25-30minuts....never more than an hour!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am in the process of now of Financing a 5 series BMW. If your select your can accept X rides if your willing. However a friend of mine drives X 4 days a week and averages $400 a week. His friend drives 50 hours a week and earns $1500 driving select.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not sure who is saying SELECT is a waste....but I drive SELECT Part time FRI and SAT.....usually 5-7 hours and I make close to $400 if I add sunday which I have did when I wanted to pay for a vacation I made $600 easy on SELECT!! And the longest I have ever sat around waiting for a SELECT ping was maybe 25-30minuts....never more than an hour!!
I was trying to go X with a Prius and my friend told me wrong move. He encourage select, so I am applying for Financing with Uber for the 5 series BMW. I plan on driving 50 hours a week. My friend drives X in Miami after 10 pm, 4 days a week and takes home $400 a week. His partner when he is not driving Limos takes home $850 driving 35 hours. He took a 2 week vacation from the limo co and worked Uber and averaged $1500 a week.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Uhhh... seriously?? this is not believable, maybe in January through March but not lately.
Of course it is possible. He took in an average $1000-$1200 a week. This I saw for myself, to make that $1000 a week he worked 4 days, working 10 hours daily. I personally saw those paystubs. This guy and my friend have it down to a science based on the number or riders they drive a day. They hustle and drive around looking for riders. They're not parked in some corner waiting for riders. You get what you put into it. Im referring to South Florida your up in Palm Beach, the geographical location make a big difference.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Jesse
When I work it's in Miami and my platform is XL/Select, I know where the clubs are and what time they let out, restaurants, hotels, etc. I also realize some drivers that hustle people and I have done so myself by signing up people on the spot to get a ride. Uber themselves have stated numerous times that they can't believe how slow it is in South Florida this summer, read their reports on how low ridership is. There are no surges for XL or Select anymore, working Wednesday through Saturday nights for about 10 hours a night during high season I averaged about $1400 for Uber but only about $800 for my pocket after Uber's %28 and the cost of gas. Another bit of info is that I put over 20,000 miles on my Benz driving for Uber, that is two years worth of driving in 10 months just to make a little over 36K for Uber and roughly 24K for myself.
BUT all in all I agree with you, if you can get a Select/LUX car then go for it, it is worth it.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have spent up to an hour 1st in the queue at PBI at least 15 times in a row without getting a ping from the airport. Instead I keep getting pings from far away as in 15 minutes, and not very often. This has been my worst weekend ever. Starting Friday at 5PM and ending Saturday at Midnight, with app on for 10 hours, and parked at home, airport, Downtown, East of Intercoastal, and Juno Beach, I did 6 trips, 1 paid no-show, and 3 no paid cancels enroute for a grand gross of $82. Uber on UberSelect.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am in the process of now of Financing a 5 series BMW. If your select your can accept X rides if your willing. However a friend of mine drives X 4 days a week and averages $400 a week. His friend drives 50 hours a week and earns $1500 driving select.
$1500 a week. Of course. It's possible.. but how many miles does he put on his vehicle? 50,000 miles a year?? Are you buying a BMW 5 series? So, listen, in 2 years I will offer you $5,000 for your Bmw... Sorry..It will have too much mileage on it.. How much is your Bmw now? $40,000? Are you a dreamer? Or you just an IDIOT? There's no easy money. You will not become rich driving for Uber!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Of course it is possible. He took in an average $1000-$1200 a week. This I saw for myself, to make that $1000 a week he worked 4 days, working 10 hours daily. I personally saw those paystubs. This guy and my friend have it down to a science based on the number or riders they drive a day. They hustle and drive around looking for riders. They're not parked in some corner waiting for riders. You get what you put into it. Im referring to South Florida your up in Palm Beach, the geographical location make a big difference.
Unfortunately the fact is that you were lied to. The number you represented are not possible even under a perfect scenario. Buying a BMW now to drive for Uber is a huge mistake. Uber is not even legal in Miami Dade county or Broward or Palm Beach County for that matter. In Palm Beach County we have at least a temporary operating agreement until March 31, 2016. Add to that the fact that there may be five times as many drivers next year at this time and you have a recipe for disaster. I hope you have another way to pay for the car when you don't make what you expect from driving.

·
Registered
52 Posts
There are so many naive people (idiots) in Miami:)
I should open a car dealership and sell Uber Select/ Lux cars to Uber drivers.. I just came back from Mercedes-Benz dealership, I went there for an oil change. So the salesman told me that last week the sold out all E- class Mercedes-Benz;) Wow, I'm so happy for him. I guess The Bmw dealership sold all 5 series (4 door;)
Uber is good! Uber contributes to our Economy. Car sales never been so high since 2005! Good luck with your monthly payments, Uber drivers! I hope you didn't buy a blue $35,000 2012 bmw 535 with a 6 year lease..Since in 2 years it won't be eligible for Uber Lux. ( if there will be Uber at all, maybe they will change color requirements, black cars only etc...) "Oh, no , we will not take your car as a trade in, not with so many miles on it! "
;) you will be stuck with your car payments, just don't be an Idiot! You are kind of;)
P.S. I don't want to be rude, Jesse. I just want to help you out..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jesse
When I work it's in Miami and my platform is XL/Select, I know where the clubs are and what time they let out, restaurants, hotels, etc. I also realize some drivers that hustle people and I have done so myself by signing up people on the spot to get a ride. Uber themselves have stated numerous times that they can't believe how slow it is in South Florida this summer, read their reports on how low ridership is. There are no surges for XL or Select anymore, working Wednesday through Saturday nights for about 10 hours a night during high season I averaged about $1400 for Uber but only about $800 for my pocket after Uber's %28 and the cost of gas. Another bit of info is that I put over 20,000 miles on my Benz driving for Uber, that is two years worth of driving in 10 months just to make a little over 36K for Uber and roughly 24K for myself.
BUT all in all I agree with you, if you can get a Select/LUX car then go for it, it is worth it.
NIce $800 a week I can deal with. Now Uber was approved in Broward. So if you willing to service Dade and Broward you have the potential of making more $$$

·
Registered
41 Posts
Unfortunately the fact is that you were lied to. The number you represented are not possible even under a perfect scenario. Buying a BMW now to drive for Uber is a huge mistake. Uber is not even legal in Miami Dade county or Broward or Palm Beach County for that matter. In Palm Beach County we have at least a temporary operating agreement until March 31, 2016. Add to that the fact that there may be five times as many drivers next year at this time and you have a recipe for disaster. I hope you have another way to pay for the car when you don't make what you expect from driving.
At the time of your post Uber was approved in Miami, as of today Uber has been approved in Broward. You need to verify your facts. Besides I seen the $1200 weekly paychecks of my friends.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts