Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's everybody's week going on the road? I set a goal to try to make 2k by Sunday night. I didn't think it was possible, but going into Fri night I'm at $1530 at this moment. I put some hours in and a little tired but I just keep rolling. Anybody else having that kind of luck in Happy Valley?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Quote from a recent Uber driver ,

" I am one of many uber drivers who started on a promise, or even worse a whole string of promises, only to realise that Uber just isn't worth it.

Like many new drivers, I bought a brand new vehicle. Didn't factor in the actual running costs and every time a service is due I tended to work an extra 25-30 hours for a week or 2 to cover the cost.

So, all the anxiety of deactivation or low ratings or being fined by law enforcement (I now realise Uber don't cover every associated cost and hear of many drivers now with lien over property etc through the courts!) aside, the actual earnings are far from what Iber claimed they were!

By my reckoning, almost just half. Yes less than 50% of what Uber claimed.

My way forward. I've been asked to join a class action. I'm going to accept. I am not up for any legals and if it succeeds I win up to $73,000 which just to be clear, only means that every hour I did for Uber was paid at the minimum wage!

That's almost perverse! But I appreciate how we all get hooked. The possibility of that long great paying fare. The highest surge. The really good in car connection. But the reality is different.

I have endured a kind of self loathing now for almost a year and finally I am free!

Look out for an increasing number of class actions because you can count on one thing. Once one wins, more will come crawling out of the woodwork and I've done the math. Uber could go broke if they all get up in the next 6-24 months because one thing I noticed. Uber has a very high succession planning problem.

All the bonuses they offered me they can't afford to pay any more. The % has increased and the joke is, they still have the nerve to call us "partners".

Slaves more like!

To those yet to see it, we are not slaves yet we accept being forced into servitude Uber style and we are our own worst enemy!".

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
I set a goal to try to make 2k by Sunday night. I didn't think it was possible, but going into Fri night I'm at $1530 at this moment.
Make the most of it while you can. UberX State College rates won't last for long.
Screenshot_2015-08-29-07-44-54.png

When Uber cuts the rates to Uber Philly level, your income will be reduced by 50%.
Screenshot_2015-08-29-07-47-35.png

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure what that has to do with the point of my thread, but try googling the term "taxi driver arrested". You can spend the entire morning reading pages of horror stories about felonous cab drivers.
But anyway, I'm currently at $1756 for the week and still have today, tonight and Sunday to go. I love setting a goal and hitting it. But for now it's back to bed to get some rest for later.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so I just I just passed $1850. I got this in the bag. I can't wait til football season here in pa. I'm going alternate between Pittsburgh and Philly on Sundays. I heard there's huge money to be made in both towns on game day. I figure I could make as much as this and take an extra day off on top. Life is good my friends. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ok so I just I just passed $1850. I got this in the bag. I can't wait til football season here in pa. I'm going alternate between Pittsburgh and Philly on Sundays. I heard there's huge money to be made in both towns on game day. I figure I could make as much as this and take an extra day off on top. Life is good my friends. :)
How long are you driving per day? I'm in San Francisco and drive about 6-8hrs a day in 4hr shifts. I average $800 on a good week of 5 to 6 days driving.

·
Registered
94 Posts
How long are you driving per day? I'm in San Francisco and drive about 6-8hrs a day in 4hr shifts. I average $800 on a good week of 5 to 6 days driving.
Chili is exaggerating for reason unknown, perhaps he is trying to impress his girlfriend? Seeing as you are in a large city, that is a bit more accurate.

G

·
Wow, I want to learn your tricks Chili! I driver 5-6 days a week, maybe we can meet in town and you can share some of your money-making techniques with Uber? I'm relatively new so would appreciate any advice you can give me. What do you think about my Prius idea?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I knew I had the (to)(too) wrong :), how about your car, any major mishaps yet, or just normal wear and tear?
Not a problem on that. I knew what you meant. :)
I drive a Ford and had a major brake leak fixed under warranty and replaced brakes and just recently the battery. It was under manufacturer warranty until 10mi ago lol. I only paid for the battery.

I'm shying away from this job now that the warranty is up. I still get free tune ups and oil changes (Thanks to that being prepaid) if that wasn't prepaid I'd have stopped at the first oil change! Profits in sf are real but only certain hours that I REALLY don't feel like being outside. But I find myself dragging myself to work lately instead of excitement. :eek:

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not only that. But I'm driving in a small geographic area that surges constantly through the day and night. I get $15 minimums to drive across campus all the time. I drive a large amount of deathly Chinese and middle eastern students. They could care less about the cost. I'm able to do 7 trips an hour sometimes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts