Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard in few rare cases people get ride requests going to San Antonio, well I guess I got lucky tonight. I was about 2 min away from shutting down the app and getting ready to go home then I saw the request came in. It was long drive, roughly an hour 15 min or so. I was pretty exhausted when I got there had to take almost an hour break before heading back home. The fare was above $100 and put me daily total over $200 thanks to the SA ride. That is the highest I have ever gotten in a single day from ride hailing. What's the longest ride you have ever gotten? Although the money was good, I don't think I would do any ride longer than SA, especially unprepared ahead of time and in the night. It can be unsafe from exhaustion.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a rider tonight tell me (while riding on a 50-mile one-way) that he's done what I've wondered if anybody had yet done ... Memphis to Nashville, 220 miles. We live within about 3 miles of each other, I gave him my personal number and told him to shoot me a text if he wanted to go that way again, since I have business on my main job over there. I also told him that I've got business up in St. Louis, so if he'd like to make that 310-mile trip, I"d be happy to take him that way also.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Had a Leander to New Braunfels once, literally 15 seconds after going online. Guy was grateful since he said most drivers would cancel on him when they learned they were going to New Braunfels. $78 of profit for me plus a $20 tip.

Two weeks later got one from Cedar Park to San Antonio. $100, and a $10 tip. Guy was a former running back for the Denver Broncos, and filled me in on the party lifestyle of an NFL player, very fun and interesting stories. Lots for sex, drugs, and booze.

·
Registered
118 Posts
my best unicorn lol was a getme from houston to austin with no tip and around 170 dead miles. i would do it everyday if you ask me haha

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my best unicorn lol was a getme from houston to austin with no tip and around 170 dead miles. i would do it everyday if you ask me haha
Did you have to stop at all? I don't think I can do it without stopping or not in the morning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hauled a guy 97 miles from 24 Diner on Lamar to San Antonio on the last day of South By this year. $111.29 total fare, $89.03 net to me. Picked up a group needing XL service at Iron Works on Red River at 2:30 am New Years Eve for a 4 mile trip to Spyglass. $126.8 total fare, $102.85 net to me 8.9 surge.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tony Neo well it was in the morning after doing uber for like 3hrs and it was non stop until i got there. 2 1/2 hrs just one way...but for 300 payout...

two halloweens ago i picked up a 10x with uber and the fare was 212 and i kept around 180 i think...it was before the rate cuts and it was only about 25miles.
uber surge can be lifechanging money but it can never be consistent lol

·
Registered
933 Posts
Well I got a ride from just South of 183 to Ben White that initially paid over $6000. Obviously not a legit cost. Best run I've done is from downtown to airport back downtown during a 2.4 surge last 4th of July. Take home was just over $90

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
ABIA to Horseshoe Bay and back to ABIA ... Select ... $380+$100 cash tip.
*guy forgot his passport and tossed me $100 to "step on it" ... as his wife had been planning for this vaca for 5 years

·
Registered
309 Posts
There was a GM to Dallas from DT last Friday night. Came across twice. I wonder if it was real???

I love how you guys reminisce about the old days. This isn't Facebook. Quit bragging and getting everyone all excited. Those days are long gone. Please stop glamorizing this job. You are doing a huge disservice to newbies who think they can make money doing this slave work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Picked up a black guy near West 6th and Rio at 2:45 am on Saturday night. He said he's been trying to get a ride for an hour and everyone has been cancelling on him. And that cabbies would not pick him up at all cuz of his color. That's just sad. Short trip. The fare was $8 but he was so thankful since he was just about to just walk the 5 mile stretch. Tipped me $60 in cash.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Picked up a black guy near West 6th and Rio at 2:45 am on Saturday night. He said he's been trying to get a ride for an hour and everyone has been cancelling on him. And that cabbies would not pick him up at all cuz of his color. That's just sad. Short trip. The fare was $8 but he was so thankful since he was just about to just walk the 5 mile stretch. Tipped me $60 in cash.
Right, that is sad. And unfortunately, most pax don't realize that cabbies cannot refuse to pick people up, they are required by city ordinance to give rides to everyone that asks for a ride ... pax should file online complaint against the cabbies, that's the only way to stop this behavior.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Wingz from ABIA to Temple - $160 flat fare. 5:00am. Take home was about $130+tip+covered my tolls automatically
Awesome ride ... guess, I'll need to keep my eyes peeled for some decent Wingz rides again ... as most of the stuff I see are $25 downtown and $27 West Lake rides.

I did have a $15 Fare ride yesterday that gave me a $40 tip; followed by another $90 trip from the same pax

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
460 miles from Savannah to Fort Lauderdale. Not me. Unfortunately, driver only charged around $400 rather than get every bit of XL she could have. Heartbreak case - Car crapped out on I-95.

Alright which one of you took my ride?

View attachment 46396
At that point, take the freakin' train! $904 includes your meals and a bed. lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
I had a very drunk and pissed off bridesmaid who after a night of drinking and "getting disrespected" (I know, Jerry Springer drama unfolding) told the bridal party that she would rather go home than stay the night with them and drive home with the disrespectful girls in the morning. She held a sad conversation with her child's baby daddy that he needed to come and get her. He said no. It 3am in the morning after all.

She then asked me if I would drive her home, even though she was not the ride requestor. She said north of Dallas. Then she said the phrase that lost the battle. "I don't have any money but you can charge the bride then I would pay her back" This was a GM SUV ride so the the pay out would have been upwards of $800, but since I was not sure if I would even make it out of the county before the bride canceled the trip and because I was already close to hitting the wall as it was. I declined. I did offer to take her as far as Bucee's in Temple (a little less than half way) if her fella would make up the difference. He said no so that was that.

Real Unicorn: Not a crazy long trip but best trip was West Sixth 2:15am Surge was 3.5, suv ride to far end of Lake Georgetown $315.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts