Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught her rummaging through my center console, then take a bottle of water and pour it on my seat when I was out of the car. She didn't know she was on dashcam.

It was a similar case to one I posted last week. Pax waited till we were close to the destination, and then wanted to go somewhere else, but didn't want to change it in the app. I ended the ride because she was argumentative and rude, and I was pretty sure it was a scam. Then she refused to get out of the car. Then she argued with me for 20 minutes till the police came and got her out. I like to get out of the car to get away from the confrontation and call the police. I don't want to write out all the details like I did the last time - too exhausting. But it's amazing to see what people will do when they don't know they're on camera.

I gotta stop driving at night.

·
Premium Member
11,658 Posts
Caught her rummaging through my center console, then take a bottle of water and pour it on my seat when I was out of the car. She didn't know she was on dashcam.

It was a similar case to one I posted last week. Pax waited till we were close to the destination, and then wanted to go somewhere else, but didn't want to change it in the app. I ended the ride because she was argumentative and rude, and I was pretty sure it was a scam. Then she refused to get out of the car. Then she argued with me for 20 minutes till the police came and got her out. I like to get out of the car to get away from the confrontation and call the police. I don't want to write out all the details like I did the last time - too exhausting. But it's amazing to see what people will do when they don't know they're on camera.

I trust you reported her to Uber? I would have included a screenshot from the video showing her pouring the water, and ask for a cleaning fee.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts

I don't get out of my car unless I have to. I certainly would not get out id there was a passenger inside.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Can we see it? Post the video, give us her name, put her on utube, blast that lowlife, just a few suggestions ?
I'm worried about retribution for posting the video. I only show the videos to my wife.

Since the police were involved, you should press charges. Trespassing, theft and property damage.
Although she was rummaging in the console, she didn't actually take anything other than one of the water bottles I had up front which I pass out for free. I don't think uber would consider water to me damage, though I like the idea of sending a screen shot - it establishes the intent to damage.

I don't get out of my car unless I have to. I certainly would not get out id there was a passenger inside.
I get out because I don't want to escalate a confrontation inside my car with someone who's sitting behind me. She kept provoking me into an argument and I'm worried at some point someone will take a swing at me. Although I don't like them being in there alone, it's the trade off I chose to make for safety. I next next time I will open all the doors and stay close enough to watch.

·
Premium Member
11,658 Posts
Although she was rummaging in the console, she didn't actually take anything other than one of the water bottles I had up front which I pass out for free. I don't think uber would consider water to me damage, though I like the idea of sending a screen shot - it establishes the intent to damage.
Definitely submit a cleaning fee claim with a picture and note that you have video of her stealing the water she poured on your seat.

Worst case scenario, Uber says no. Best case scenario, they give you a small cleaning fee and charge the ******* for it.

You have nothing to lose, and her getting charged an additional fee would be worth the trouble for me!

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
You got nothing to lose asking for a cleaning fee, you had to take the time to mop it up, let it dry out, etc... so you couldn't work. Worth a shot and it would be awesome for her to get the surprise charge, imagine it, consequences for her actions!
I have received 2 $20 cleaning fees for water spilled by pax in my back seat. Sent pics to Rohit and drove back to downtown with windows rolled down. Seat was dried by time I arrived both times.

Reactions: John M Santana

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Center city Philadelphia. The account holder was a guy, who called me when I arrived at the pickup and questioned me about where I was, and asked me to back up a bit, and turn on my blinkers. Sounded like he was watching from a window. He said "the girl" (never said her name, and neither did she) is on her way down in the elevator and told me what she was wearing. He seemed a tad bossy, and his instructions were unusual. He told me to "relax right there". I still had plenty of time on the timer, and gave no indication I was itching to go, so this instruction seemed unwarrented. He seemed like a guy who was used to controlling things. Girl gets in the car saying the account holders name, so I didn't see the need to ask hers. I read off the destination address to her and I think she says "yea you ready?" (she kind of mumbles it and I said what? She says "yea, you ready to drive?". Heard that loud and clear, should have canceled at that point.

I’m pretty sure it was a pimp and prostitute. They were both bossy and manipulative with me. Not at all like normal pax. When things escalated at the destination, I was afraid she was going to call the guy and have him show up. She kept holding the phone up to hear ear, but she never said anything, even when she was alone in the car.

·
Premium Member
23,330 Posts
Pull into a safe place (e.g. gas station, convenience store parking lot). Tell passenger you can change the destination on your end, but you need their phone 20 feet from yours. Ask them to step out with their phone and walk over to the door of the business. CANCEL and drive away.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Tell them your car won't start and they need to give it a push. Start driving away as you see them fall down on their face behind the car. Cancel with a reason of your choice.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thanks for sharing, sorry you got a bad one. Uber wouldnt share pax personal info, but police report will include it.

Small claims max is $5000. But Judge judy seems more able to get you a better outcome.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Still don't quite understand why you got out of the car. If you were having a disagreement with the passenger and you wanted her out of your car, why would you get out?
Just to avoid a physical confrontation. I don't trust her at this point. I was in fact very nervous. I thought she was a prostitute, and sitting behind me, she has me at a disadvantage. I don't know if she carries a weapon, but she talks and carries herself like someone who would. I value my car, but I value my safety more. Plus, the optics are better when the police show up. She has basically hijacked my car. Plus, staying in the car was only encouraging further useless argument, that could have evolved into actual violence. I took my wallet, phone, and keys, and got out. She kept opening the door when cars drove by - I'm not sure if it was to try and get the door knocked off, or to elicit the attention of passersby. One guy pulled up, and when I explained the situation, he offered to take her the rest of the way. But she refused on the grounds that it had to be the uber ride that was paid for. For the most part, it was a battle of wills between us, a disagreement over the rules, and with some bad behavior thrown in. In the begging she said "do I have to call 911 to get you to take me". I said I would love it if you would call 911. She backed off of that idea real quick. Then when the police arrived, she tried to say she was the one that called 911, but the cop said no, we got the call from him. Cop said he would take her to her destination, she got out, and they left. End of story.

I kept asking her if she really thought I was going to give her a ride at this point? And what does she think is going to happen? She kept putting a pressure tactic spin on it, like someone trying to sell a timeshare. Wouldn't you rather get back to work? Wouldn't you like to get back to making money and fulfilling your dreams and goals? All you have to do is take me up the hill and it will all be over. Don't you want to get on with your life? This can all end really quick if you take me up the hill, and you'll never see me again. In the beggining she said "do I have to call 911 to get you to take me". I said I would love it if you would call 911. She backed off of that idea real quick. Then when the police arrived, she tried to say she was the one that called 911, but the cop said no, we got the call from him. Cop said he would take her to her destination, she got out, and they left. End of story.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.