Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone dealt with neighbor cat leaving paw print and scratch on your car , if so what should I do and how to solve this situation, I’ve talked to owner serval times already , I’ve try scat mat , scents but none seem to work effectively

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Anyone dealt with neighbor cat leaving paw print and scratch on your car , if so what should I do and how to solve this situation, I’ve talked to owner serval times already , I’ve try scat mat , scents but none seem to work effectively
Not much you can do. Lemon juice usually keeps cats away but not sure how it would work outside for a car. I wouldn't use it on the paint because of the citric acid.

Nice avatar!

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Set up camera to document. Then present that evidence to the cat owner, and follow up in writing. Next time it happens, file a negligence claim against the cat owner. If the owner has homeowners or rental insurance, that policy would respond to indemnify you assuming you can prove it was the owners cat causing the damage. Any owner of a pet has the duty and responsibility to “control” their pet in preventing preventing personal injury or property damage. If the owner doesn’t have insurance, you could file a small claims suit for relief. Last option is to file a complaint with the city…but I doubt they would take any action!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have animal control and/or code enforcement deal with it.
I will go that route if it happen again , have video evidence to back it up
Take an air gun, wait until dark and headshot the cat then put it in a bag and dispose of the body. Problem solved
I would love to go apeshit on that cat , grabbing it by the tail and bash it again a Brick wall until I get tired but I blame the owner not the cat

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Set up camera to document. Then present that evidence to the cat owner, and follow up in writing. Next time it happens, file a negligence claim against the cat owner. If the owner has homeowners or rental insurance, that policy would respond to indemnify you assuming you can prove it was the owners cat causing the damage. Any owner of a pet has the duty and responsibility to “control” their pet in preventing preventing personal injury or property damage. If the owner doesn’t have insurance, you could file a small claims suit for relief. Last option is to file a complaint with the city…but I doubt they would take any action!!!
Good idea I have serval vids and I have told them , if it happens again I will come after them for damages and will call animal control so they be fined by the city

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Cat assassin relocater.
I would love to but , I’ll be accused and will be arrested
Live trap cat (you can rent live traps) and relocate cat, they have to prove it was you, have done it a couple times. Secondary option, check your local ordinances, in some areas, it's illegal to allow a cat to roam (where I live in Colorado, the leash law applies to cats, I can legally live trap a cat, turn it over to the pound, it'll cost them $135 first offense to get it back, last cat, first time I took it to the pound, second time I took it to the pound, third time I took it to work and relocated it from Colorado to New Mexico)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts