Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,744 Posts
I don't know what your definition of "lots of money" is...but it ain't happening on any platform of Foober....I don't care what level or what market you drive on or in.

I wish the world weren't so computer and tech driven. I've never had so much trouble getting a real job in my entire life ever since the applicant tracking systems (ATS) have made applying for employment so impersonal and difficult. I miss being able to walk into a place and actually talk to a real person and getting the chance to at least make a positive impression. These job sites will often times have jobs posted and nobody even intends to hire anybody. These on-demand jobs have skewed the labor numbers as to there being low unemployment as these and even part time jobs are counted as people being employed. Many people have given up finding sustainable jobs.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know what your definition of "lots of money" is...but it ain't happening on any platform of Foober....I don't care what level or what market you drive on or in. I wish the world wasn't so computer and tech driven. I've never had so much trouble getting a real job in my entire life ever since that applicant tracking systems (ATS) has made applying for anything so impersonal and difficult. I miss being able to walk into a place and actually talk to a real person and getting the chance to at least make a positive impression.
I have run my race, I hope anyone who is trying to get to the next level can. Impersonal started with voice mail in the 1980's, the hiring process sadly is as it has always been WHO YOU KNOW! Companies try to run as lean as possible, they have a lot of applications daily and of course "there is a application for that." Hopefully in November there will be a NEW PARTY IN CHARGE, with the thoughts of the American middle class. "Hint" we have been in the worst depression since the 1930"s, time for REAL CHANGE.

·
Premium Member
3,744 Posts
Real change would be nice...but I personally don't think one party is any better than the other. All we have now is Republicrats and Democans.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Old Smokey sez, when everything else fails; HAVE A COHIBA AND LISTEN TO SOME JOHN LENNON. For you young pups, research summer of 1968.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone remember the press release that Uber did 11 days ago? They are hiding the surge from the rider's, if they don't do the extra step of price quotation; guess what? Uber will deal with the bad press tomorrow, they don't care. They know they are loosing market share to Lyft so they are trying to shore up a sinking ship.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I don't know what your definition of "lots of money" is...but it ain't happening on any platform of Foober....I don't care what level or what market you drive on or in.

I wish the world weren't so computer and tech driven. I've never had so much trouble getting a real job in my entire life ever since the applicant tracking systems (ATS) have made applying for employment so impersonal and difficult. I miss being able to walk into a place and actually talk to a real person and getting the chance to at least make a positive impression. These job sites will often times have jobs posted and nobody even intends to hire anybody. These on-demand jobs have skewed the labor numbers as to there being low unemployment as these and even part time jobs are counted as people being employed. Many people have given up finding sustainable jobs.
You are forgetting that if you actually get an interview for a decent company you get interviews by a 23 year old and you get discriminated for being too old.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have run my race, I hope anyone who is trying to get to the next level can. Impersonal started with voice mail in the 1980's, the hiring process sadly is as it has always been WHO YOU KNOW! Companies try to run as lean as possible, they have a lot of applications daily and of course "there is a application for that." Hopefully in November there will be a NEW PARTY IN CHARGE, with the thoughts of the American middle class. "Hint" we have been in the worst depression since the 1930"s, time for REAL CHANGE.
You forgot to mention that now it is a computer that does the selection process for interviewing. Most applications are done online so the database is populated then the system looks for the best candidate.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
You are forgetting that if you actually get an interview for a decent company you get interviews by a 23 year old and you get discriminated for being too old.
Truth. Little over a year ago, I interviewed for a Silicon Beach startup. Guy before me was in his 60's. I'm in my 40's but look a bit younger. First thing the interviewer said to me was "Wow, was that guy AN OLD or what! He's not getting the job!"

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Truth. Little over a year ago, I interviewed for a Silicon Beach startup. Guy before me was in his 60's. I'm in my 40's but look a bit younger. First thing the interviewer said to me was "Wow, was that guy AN OLD or what! He's not getting the job!"
You see how stupid and inexperience they are? That is so ilegal and unethical.
And you want to work for people like that?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts