Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought I would try it this weekend and netted over 800 in cash this weekend. So I had the clever idea of taking people out on uber and lyft and giving my cell phone number out for the return. It worked very well. I have a uber led on my towncar so people were begging for rides and I based it on taxi prices cash only. Total weekend 1946.00. Not bad for 31 hours of work. I was doing a $50 cash minimum when uber was surging ridiculously

Seaside to Lavallete 3.1 miles 4 pax $50 cash. That's just one example

I'm not bragging but showing the reality and what we can do when uber is screwing us.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I don't have commercial insurance. I know a guy running a "limo" company who doesn't have it or OL plates either.

I almost never do cash rides. But after 1,500 rides with zero problems I'm moderately open to it if it's a short distance. I definitely don't go looking for it though.

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
Good for you ..You're covered but most of us are X drivers and not worth the risk for us.
I completely agree... Not worth the many possible legal issues for an X driver. I've only done one cash deal. Had a neighbor ask me if UBER accepted reservations. She didn't want to be stuck with no X availability in the area we live. I told her no they don't accept reservations yet. She then preceded to offer me $200 to drive her and pick her up from a concert.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
So I thought I would try it this weekend and netted over 800 in cash this weekend. So I had the clever idea of taking people out on uber and lyft and giving my cell phone number out for the return. It worked very well. I have a uber led on my towncar so people were begging for rides and I based it on taxi prices cash only. Total weekend 1946.00. Not bad for 31 hours of work. I was doing a $50 cash minimum when uber was surging ridiculously

Seaside to Lavallete 3.1 miles 4 pax $50 cash. That's just one example

I'm not bragging but showing the reality and what we can do when uber is screwing us.
Nice try. People from Bangladesh, Pakistan etc. love to read these ferytales..........

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I happened to do my 1st cash ride on Sunday night when I was pulling up to Bar A and then the Pax cancelled. As I sat there parked waiting for my next ping a guy and his girlfriend come to my car asking me if I was an Uber. I told him yes and he asked me if he can request me. I told him sure and he put in his phone the request but it brought up a driver a few minutes away. I thought that was weird since the guy was standing next to me. Anyway, so he cancelled him and showed me his phone saying that it was around 12-15 dollars. He said he would give me 20 dollars and handed it to me before I drove to his destination. They wanted to leave quickly because they were upset that they wouldn't let them in Bar A because his girlfriend had a duplicate license and had no other photo Id.

I know it was probably the wrong thing to do but why wouldn't Uber have chosen me as the best possible ride for that PAX? Maybe that other driver was closer to the cell tower? Any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts