Uber Drivers Forum banner

Cars disappeared from rider app

796 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Tuhes 
#1 ·
I don't see any ghost cars including mine on rider app. I can' t see how many cars around me . Probably automatic update.Im using Android phone.

#3 ·
Recently I've sometimes noticed that my car won't be shown on the rider app. If I log off the driver app and then right back on, I'll then appear. It seems like sometimes it glitches and doesn't register me as having gone online. This has happened to me mostly in areas with bad reception or high traffic cell areas/events that might lag out requests. Now, whenever I'm sitting in the middle of surge and not getting any pings when I know I should be (events/bar closing), I always double check the rider app to make sure it has me logged in.

#6 · (Edited)
It happens.

At one point over two years ago, they used to tell us we were on a time-out.

No longer notified. However, when I turn down multiple sets of 3 pings, I can log back on but get zippo pings. I have used a second phone to check the rider app and my car is not showing as an available driver. After 10-15 minutes, my car pops back up on the rider app and my drivers app starts getting pings again.

No real consistancy ... because when there is a huge need, it seems their time-out is suspended and they will continue to try and use us up.

#7 ·
It happens.

At one point over two years ago, they used to tell us we were on a time-out.

No longer notified. However, when I turn down multiple sets of 3 pings, I can log back on but get zippo pings. I have used a second phone to check the rider app and my car is not showing as an available driver. After 10-15 minutes, my car pops back up on the rider app and my drivers apps starts getting pings again.

No real consistancy ... because when there is a huge need, it seems their time-out is suspended.
True dat

#8 · (Edited)
Probably poor signal/server lag. It happens
On a serious note.... Reinstalled rider app 3 times and as soon as I reinstalled rider app cars are back and if I close app and open it again all of the cars disappeared.I didn't install any new app recently so dont know what causing it.If after reinstallation I keep rider app on without closing it all cars are showing. I have Samsung 7...
Do we have any computer/phone nerds do solve this problem ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.