Uber Drivers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just drop a family on terminal B Departures and I noticed when I passed by terminal C that is being very heavy control by cops they're stopping every car on multiple checkpoints. There is only one line and heavy traffic, be alert!!!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
I dropped off a lot of pax to ewr early morning . Between 3-5 am weekdays. Most of the time is for terminal A . Always one PA that parked at the entrance . I always see one of them standing outside and looking at every car, they know who we are , they not really gonna bother you for dropping off.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Haha! Be cool. You guys make Newark Airport sound like Nazi Germany or the Islamic State. "Multiple checkpoints". The cops have a set of rules to follow and they cant stop you for no reason. You guys also make Newark Airport like its the ONLY place to Uber. You know Mid-Town was surging at 2x today? Just Ubering a little after work and I made $300 this week. Well, this has been discussed ad nauseum for the last year. IMHO, it was a LOT WORSE last year because at one point they actually were impounding cars.

You guys have also reported that TLC drivers are being stopped and ticketed, but not one TLC driver has come on here to yell out loud they got a ticket. In fact, my fried goes to the airport daily and doesnt have this experience because he does have TLC plates. In fact, I talked to him today on the phone while he was in Newark. He was at Terminal C and said no cops were there and did a pickup. He told me he has NEVER been harassed with his TLC plates. I do believe there is an agreement about TLC plated drivers being able to pickup from the airport.

Im tired of the Newark airport being constantly discussed here. Lets talk about something else. If you need info simply drive there yourself and observe or park and ask the cops. They do answer questions and they wont shoot you for asking a question. Read past threads. Basically, if you dont have TLC or LIMO plates they will **** with you.
NJdriver i remember reading to you 2 days ago talking about working all day and night and making only 130 and u are coming now telling us that u only worked few hours and made 300. Also are u aware that this is a new jersey forum why would u be talking about a midtown surge? And how do u know about it anyway since u just applied for your tlc?? Another thing, there is no other guy who talks about ewr as much as u do man. And yes papd will still give u a parking ticket if they catch you parking at the terminal, the only way to get a ride request at newark as u already know...,

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I work a ewr and mostly the Port Authority police are just moving traffic yes thay give you a ticket for uberING but that's the last thing on thir mind's just move in and pickup your rider and go just don't disrespect them by doing it in front of their face and you'll be fine yes sometimes there is a uber crackdown but just pass by all terminals before activating your app to see what's going on I only got busted one time and that was one year ago exactly and they towed my vehicle but uber got me a lawyer and released my car I went to court and all charges were dropped and I'm still ubering and I got busted by the Newark police not the Port Authority police

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think you need to talk to other TLC drivers instead of your friend because he is full of it or just lucky. TLC cars again were being ticketed all night long along with all the stupid X drivers with there phones out or not moving when the cops came. Of course TLC drivers don't come here commenting because this is the NJ thread.......

·
Banned
821 Posts
I will be more than happy to clear this up for you when I talk to the attorney who handles Newark Airport tickets for Uber Gary Tomasella. Everyone in this forum has spoken highly of him stating they would hire him outside of Uber if it came to it. I will ask his office if I had NY TLC plates would it have made a difference and report back here.

I did do a Google Search:

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...ark+airport+uber+site:uberpeople.net&start=20

Only Jersey plated people have complained of getting ticketed by PA Cops.

Also, my buddy has been over at the EWR extensively and he said he has no problems. His Uber sign is always in the right window.

Now the PA Cops will ticket anyone for No Standing. Thats a parking ticket, not a traffic ticket.

It just burns me when people post willy nilly to this forum whatever they want without any justification. Yes, the cops do ticket the Jersey plated drivers if they see it happening. Yes, they do on occasion do these sting operations like the guy who got his car towed. However, I have not heard anything EXCEPT IN THIS FORUM about NYC TLC plated vehicles getting ticketed with the famous four tickets the PA gives.

I will gladly clear this up and report back here. Gary is the expert on this.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Wait a second...all the money I claim to make? I said I made $300 this week from UberX. Is that a lot of money for you? My best week ever was during the snowstorms last year where I made about $1300. However, the real money was those 2 days at Newark Airport which was the real deal cash. I never saw so much cash with UberX besides the snowstorm surges and driving during the snowstorm was dangerous. The other good money spot was Jersey Shore during the summer, but that was also a lot of work and had drunks/drugs. It wasnt easy and you need a thick skin, but lots of cash at the shore in the summer.

After seeing what money could be made at NYC rates I decided its time to go NYC TLC. So right now application has been submitted. Please stop tossing around my words from different posts and lieing about what I just said. If you need clarification on anything I posted send me a message and I am glad to straighten you out.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I think you need to talk to other TLC drivers instead of your friend because he is full of it or just lucky. TLC cars again were being ticketed all night long along with all the stupid X drivers with there phones out or not moving when the cops came. Of course TLC drivers don't come here commenting because this is the NJ thread.......
Why the X drivers will stay on a NO STANDING ZONE!!!! Terminals are for PICK UP & DROP OFF ONLY!!!!! Not for stupid drivers. I Uber for about 15 months now and never ever had a issue at EWR because I drop off and get out of there.

·
Banned
821 Posts
The places I have made the most money are Hoboken during a snowstorm, Jersey Shore summer and the airport. All the other places have been hard work shit money. It was the airport that convinced me that I need to do the NYC TLC license. Both the shore and the snowstorm were dangerous places. The drunks and drugs are a bit dangerous and anything can happen on one of those trips. There was one guy who was so high that his friends were restraining him. I really hurried to get to the destination because I was afraid. When I was ubering around the airport I felt safe with the only danger being a ticket.

I got into an Uber in Long Island City and saw the driver wearing his seatbelt under his armpit. I looked at that and thought...that bad? Thats an old taxi trick so the passenger doesnt strangle you with the belt and TLC drivers in NYC are not required to wear seat belts for that reason. You have to be careful...

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
stupid Uber drivers. I actually saw a lady reading her book!!! Terminal C level 1 door 2.

This s why the PA are pissed off and handing out tickets.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
I've been driving full time since April and drop off at EWR on average about 10-12 times per week. I'm always fast, discreet, and keep my cell phone down and out of sight. I also never linger or circle the airport, but about 2-3 times per month, have been lucky enough to get a ping immediately after dropping. Not once have I have had any kind of encounter with PAPD, Elizabeth, or Newark PD even though I've seen them just about every time. I guess at some point, the law of averages will dictate that I'll get caught, but if and/or when that happens, I'll just deal. I'm not going to let fear prevent me from doing what I do.

·
Banned
821 Posts
They are not concerned with dropoffs. They are concerned about the yellow taxis going out of business. Those taxis are at the usual stands in the arrival areas. The Port Authority is a corrupt racket where money is exchanged in white envelopes between the taxi owners and the executives at the PA. The cops are used as political tools of the bosses to accomplish their goals. The cops in turn get generous overtime and are a tool of the corrupt politicians. They are not there to protect the airport from terrorists or criminals. The PAPD are the soldiers of this racket.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
They are not concerned with dropoffs. They are concerned about the yellow taxis going out of business. Those taxis are at the usual stands in the arrival areas. The Port Authority is a corrupt racket where money is exchanged in white envelopes between the taxi owners and the executives at the PA. The cops are used as political tools of the bosses to accomplish their goals. The cops in turn get generous overtime and are a tool of the corrupt politicians. They are not there to protect the airport from terrorists or criminals. The PAPD are the soldiers of this racket.
I understand that, which is why I'm fast and discreet when I pick up my pax. All I'm saying is that so far, I haven't had a problem. Since I know that Uber pays the tickets, I'm not afraid to accept pings while I'm there, but I also won't go out of my way to tempt fate either. There's plenty of business elsewhere and I'm happy with what I make for the hours that I put in.

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
Newark yellow cabs have to work the city of Newark 15 years full time before they qualify to.apply to own an airport cab.
Good on the port authority, I hope they sieze every Uber car within 30 miles.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
We certainly know who the cabbie is around here.

·
Banned
821 Posts
You are a joke TwoFiddyMile. You live in Charlotte which, to be honest, I cant locate on a blank United States map and you go around trolling the message forums which are clearly marked for other areas. Maybe you cant read being from Charlotte. This is the NEW JERSEY forum. We dont need you here and this forum is to help out drivers here. Its not for you, who dont live in this area, to troll and spout your negative bullshit. In any event, you make zero dollars by posting your crap here.

If all you have to do with your time in Charlotte is go around posting on the NJ board. I have to laugh. Get a life dude!

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
I drove and dispatched for several cab companies from 1995-2004. It's an antiquated, corrupt system that's rapidly becoming obsolete. I won't be sorry to see the last of it go under for good.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.