Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone in these areas, the Crown Car Wash chain has a deal where for $14.95 per month, you can get unlimited basic, exterior only, car washes. Their locations are as follows:

1 Tices Lane in East Brunswick
2800 NJ-35 in Hazlet
397 US-206 in Hillsborough
395 US-9 in Manalapan
3115 Bordentown Ave in Parlin
40 US-22 Green Brook

Along with my fire extinguisher and first aid kit, I also carry Windex, paper towels, and a rechargeable car vac. Since I wash my car almost every day, it's less than a buck a wash.

I hope this information helps some of you.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You wash your car every day? I do it like every 2 weeks lol. I'll clean the interior real quick every few days if necessary but mostly I don't need it.
Well sure! It's MY car.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just think it seems excessive. I park in my private garage at home and use my car for daily use + Uber and still don't think it gets very dirty in the course of a single day.
Nothing wrong with that. I'm just stating what works for me. When I'm done for the day, I just like washing off whatever dust, splashes, bugs, bird crap, etc. accumulates during my travels, then a quick vacuum to pick up all the little stuff that's tracked in by pax climbing in and out. It doesn't take all that long, and it makes me feel good to start the next day with a clean, fully gassed vehicle. My only intention here was to pass along some info that others might find useful.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
You wash your car every day? I do it like every 2 weeks lol. I'll clean the interior real quick every few days if necessary but mostly I don't need it.
3 months so far that i haven't washed my car, I only dust it off every other day when ubering Wed-Sat, I have vacuum it about twice at the gas station, and still get comments on how clean my car is, lol if they only knew hahhahaha...... But tomorrow definitely I'm going to the car wash for a full clean/ wash service.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If anybody is in North Jersey KEARNY AUTO SPA has a monthly package for $35.00 which includes exterior and interior. Best deal so far. Get some tire shine.... it goes a long way in making the outside of your car look better. I clean my car at least three times a week so there is nothing wrong with washing the $h*t out of your car if it makes you happy.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If anybody is in North Jersey KEARNY AUTO SPA has a monthly package for $35.00 which includes exterior and interior. Best deal so far. Get some tire shine.... it goes a long way in making the outside of your car look better. I clean my car at least three times a week so there is nothing wrong with washing the $h*t out of your car if it makes you happy.
Cool! That really IS a great deal. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
579 Posts
How can you carry a fire extinguisher, windex, paper towel? you must have a huge trunk.. I have a tiny trunk , I use a 2015 Prius persona.. :)

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How can you carry a fire extinguisher, windex, paper towel? you must have a huge trunk.. I have a tiny trunk , I use a 2015 Prius persona.. :)
2011 Nissan Altima. Plenty of trunk space.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
If
there's one in 89th street in kennedy blvd, north bergen, $32 a month for unlimited car wash, I didn't go inside to check the fine print, I only saw the sign when I was driving by with a pax.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Saw one yesterday on Route 1 , South Brunswick, $19.99 per month pass.. Major car wash, look up on Google, the sign was posted on a billboard on Deans's lane and Route 1 southbound. :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Is this still going on ? Because I do get ping out of penn station newark that not that far from it

·
Registered
141 Posts
Everybody pays 1.10 a mile regardless of how clean your car is. Unless you're trying to pick up jobs on the side, your cleanliness is largely a personal preference. I used to hand wash weekly and haven't noticed any reduced rating since I went to the "if it really looks dirty" mode. I keep the interior very clean and brush the seats off daily and vacuum every 1 to 2 weeks. Works for me.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
I keep my car clean because of ratings, not what I am paid. Important factor to understand.

When I tell pax how old my car is and how many miles are on it, they are shocked. I like that reaction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I get my car washed every single day. It's like taking a shower. I take pride in myself, and my car. In my town I pay $30 a month unlimited for they're *best* car wash which is normally $19.99 for one wash. It's a no brainer.

·
Premium Member
5,168 Posts
I get my car washed every single day. It's like taking a shower. I take pride in myself, and my car. In my town I pay $30 a month unlimited for they're *best* car wash which is normally $19.99 for one wash. It's a no brainer.
You're new. Give it time you'll start washing it less. You need 10 locals to pay for a month of carwashes. Unless you're itemizing your taxes you can't even deduct them. Of course it would be foolish to itemize your uber car expenses when miles will most likely exceed your itemization.

·
Registered
624 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually, I'm an accountant gone Uber. I've been driving for about a year and do quite well. And If you can't afford $30 a month to keep your car impecable,... We'll then your doing it wrong.

Also, you can most definitely deduct car washes, oil changes, repairs, ect. What you can't do is both mileage and gas.. it's one or the other.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts