Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious as to how often you guys tend to get wash's or details for your cars? I drove uber for about 2 years (part time) in Los Angeles and recently moved out to Vegas for a job at an auto spa. Wanted to see what you all typically pay to get the work done and see if maybe something can be worked out for drivers around town that need some upkeep done, but don't want to do it yourselves.
If anyone is interested I'd be more than happy to let you know what we offer and where we're located for people to stop by and check us out.

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Stupid. Just park in a garage and quick detail spray exterior for 5 minutes daily, and vacuum interior 5 minutes daily.
If you scotch-guard the upholstery from day #1, it will never get old.

Pay fools nothing to do a job you can do yourself in less time.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stupid. Just park in a garage and quick detail spray exterior for 5 minutes daily, and vacuum interior 5 minutes daily.

Whats stupid though? Its there decision how to handle their own car. Not everyone has the satisfaction of maintaining a car themselves, and prefer someone else to do the cleaning for them. Also, not everyone here owns a garage they are able to park their car inside of. I'm sure many people don't even live on their own, and many of the ones that do im sure live in an apartment complex without a garage space as I do. And don't even try saying "park under a cover" because that's still outside, and dust in the desert is a *****.
Don't knock on people just because they have a different way of taking care of their belongings. That's just ******y.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I do a weekly 9 dollar wash and take care of the inside myself but once a month I get a good hand car wash bc it's my personal car too and it needs it. I vacuum daily but I do have a garage

Reactions: kojeislandincha

·
Registered
918 Posts
Whats stupid though? Its there decision how to handle their own car. Not everyone has the satisfaction of maintaining a car themselves, and prefer someone else to do the cleaning for them. Also, not everyone here owns a garage they are able to park their car inside of. I'm sure many people don't even live on their own, and many of the ones that do im sure live in an apartment complex without a garage space as I do. And don't even try saying "park under a cover" because that's still outside, and dust in the desert is a *****.
Don't knock on people just because they have a different way of taking care of their belongings. That's just ******y.
What's stupid? You really want to know what's stupid? Okay, I'll tell you what's stupid. People who don't know the difference between there and their are what's stupid.

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
I'm not responsible for people's poor choices in life. I own a garage, park my car in it, and I wash my own car, so I get better/faster results with little to no cost. Dollar Tree has a concentrated wax based auto-soap for $1 that is good for your clear coat, takes just a few ounces when mixed with hot water, and costs about $0.05 per wash. Make good life choices early in life so when you're older you have more and better and don't have to pay outrageous costs for simple things like car washes.

·
Registered
918 Posts
You make assumptions... "someone" might have shown up when typing "something " or "sometimes" droid inserts shirt I don't catch all the time (like right there, I wanted to type "shit" not "shirt"), and once in awhileb the word awhileb shows up when "awhile!" was what was meant... Chillax Mary, this thread isn't graded, and unless YOU are paying for perfection you shouldn't expect it. Name calling on the other hand...the election is over, be civilized.
Thank you for your response, it is a shining example of what's stupider. Anyone who would like to stand up for anybody who does not know the difference between there and their by suggesting auto correct is responsible is stupider.

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
There/their/they're guys, can't we all just talk about what a bad financial decision it is to pay someone else to wash your car?

·
Registered
729 Posts

I do vac inside my car everyday .... it takes me less than 1 minute .I clean my car windows every day. Terrible allowed you to use their vac for free. I pay $ 8 for car wash when the car gets very dirty.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You make assumptions... "someone" might have shown up when typing "something " or "sometimes" droid inserts shirt I don't catch all the time (like right there, I wanted to type "shit" not "shirt"), and once in awhileb the word awhileb shows up when "awhile!" was what was meant... Chillax Mary, this thread isn't graded, and unless YOU are paying for perfection you shouldn't expect it. Name calling on the other hand...the election is over, be civilized.
Name calling? I don't think either of called each other any names. All he said was something is stupid, and all I said was knocking on someone for their preferred way of handling someone is a little dou chey. But I don't think either of us called each other stupid or dou chey

1 - 20 of 24 Posts