Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Uber had $30 promise Saturday rate, I think about drive at night. But with more risk at night road and dunk Pax, with a video recorder is necessary.
question for anyone use car video recorder: when you drive for Uber, you record outside road scene or inside Pax scene? Is it enough to record just road with sound, so it can also record conversation in the car? or you just use 2 recorder?
by the way, is there any recommendation for the recorder? Can it has clear picture even at night?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I just installed a falcon zero 360 dashcam. It has two cameras to cover road and inside with night vision. Comes with 32 GB card and rolls over oldest videos when full. Snaps into your mirror. About 150 CAD on Amazon.ca - I'll update if I have any issues but seems fine. Records audio too. Got it for same reasons you want one.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
I just installed a falcon zero 360 dashcam. It has two cameras to cover road and inside with night vision. Comes with 32 GB card and rolls over oldest videos when full. Snaps into your mirror. About 150 CAD on Amazon.ca - I'll update if I have any issues but seems fine. Records audio too. Got it for same reasons you want one.
Same here. I purchased the same unit for $139.99 from Amazon.ca (even applied for an Amazon Credit Card to get a $20 credit off of it lol = $119.99).

I've been using it for 2 weeks now. Works really well.

djino

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
I have a dash cam but I don't record PAXS in the car. Every Pax seems to question my dash-cam and my feeling is that they feel uneasy about having a camera in the car. Anyone else experience an uncomfort from PAX about their camera?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Taxis are required to have cameras that record the inside so why should you not be allowed to do so. I'm sorry but in this case protecting myself from any false accusations is more important than a pax feeling or uneasyness.

I've had a cam on recording the inside for half a year and most pax don't even ask about it and no one has told me they felt uncomfortable about it.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I have a dash cam but I don't record PAXS in the car. Every Pax seems to question my dash-cam and my feeling is that they feel uneasy about having a camera in the car. Anyone else experience an uncomfort from PAX about their camera?
At least not while they were in the car. Out of my many pax only 3 or 4 times I've been asked about it and I was perfectly clear that it's for both driver's and pax benefit. In all cases the conversation ended with making fun of "Russian dashcam videos" phenomenon, so I'm assuming I'm all good there.

Reactions: Moe2015

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same here. I purchased the same unit for $139.99 from Amazon.ca (even applied for an Amazon Credit Card to get a $20 credit off of it lol = $119.99).

djino
can it turn off LCD screen when recording? it seems to replace the rear-view mirror, dose it fully function as a rear-view mirror (clear view day and night)?

·
Registered
475 Posts
yes, after a couple minutes the preview screen (so you can make sure cameras are aligned and night/day more is set) turns off so it functions as a mirror.

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
can it turn off LCD screen when recording? it seems to replace the rear-view mirror, dose it fully function as a rear-view mirror (clear view day and night)?
Once AC Power is detected (i.e., when you start the car), it auto powers on and begins recording automatically, the LCD also turns on as well, but you can set the option to either OFF, 1 minute, 2 minute or 5 minutes . The default is 1 minute I believe, which means when the unit powers on, the LCD turns on for 1 minute before it goes off (recording will still continue).

The Dashcam clips onto your existing rearview mirror, But yes, it replaces it, without you having to remove your existing mirror, it just clips on over top of your existing mirror.

djino

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try SVR Pro. Its an android app (must have alternative app in Apple store also). Record videos with voice I am using it without any issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are several apps. This one I have tested is best with ease of use and yes it con work without any issue, And yes you can run Uber Partner app in the foreground.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Who cares...it's just smart. I have a bmp on my computer dash that displays "dashcam audio & video is use". Some cars have a display area that allow you to set your own image by plugging a thumb drive into the USB port and loading it.

·
Registered
71 Posts

djino
Thanks for the recommendation I bought this unit and it works awesome. I printed very small Video Surveillance in Use and taped it to the mirror and have had people commending me for having the camera.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation I bought this unit and it works awesome. I printed very small Video Surveillance in Use and taped it to the mirror and have had people commending me for having the camera.
Do they comment in a good or bad way. Do you inform that pax that they will be video recorded? I have been considering this, but hesitant that the pax will complain. and ratings would go down?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts