Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

i have a 2007 toyota prius. took it for regular oil change and told me i eventually have to replace the strut and mount .... i was quoted $700...parts and labor...

I figure i can buy the parts and pay someone here cash?

otherwise I'm gonna take it to the shop :)

cheers and uber on

·
Registered
323 Posts
The shocks are like any other shocks in a unibody car. You can take it to any Joe-smoe repair place.

Are the struts really bad? Sounds like stupid repair shop talk trying to get some cash . If the ride been feeling really squishy and bouncy then I would replace. If not keep on riding .

I would buy the shocks online if you don't need it done right away.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Im actually very handy mechanically. I was qouted by nearly every shop $800. They had not a clue how long it would take to change out my struts. I finally found a shop Elite Auto Care in HB that did both for $400 because they knew it wasnt a lot of labor.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Im actually very handy mechanically. I was qouted by nearly every shop $800. They had not a clue how long it would take to change out my struts. I finally found a shop Elite Auto Care in HB that did both for $400 because they knew it wasnt a lot of labor.
Parts and labor? It's about an 2 hr job and parts alone are about 160 dollars . So that quote is reasonable.

I would have accepted the job but the one tool I don't have is a spring compressor. I have to use the harbor freight manual spring compressor which takes forever to use .

·
Registered
194 Posts
hello,

i have a 2007 toyota prius. took it for regular oil change and told me i eventually have to replace the strut and mount .... i was quoted $700...parts and labor...

cheers and uber on
there is this shop in the valley the guy is very honest and prices are very reasonable

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone .

Yeah that sounds right. Should be a 2 hr job . I dont see how it can be $700 if the parts are like $200

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take it to meineke in santa clara for a free inspection. David the manager is very honest and will take you to the bay to show the problems, if any.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Go to the independent exclusive Prius shop that valley cab drivers go to, Google prius express sun valley.

Tell them you were referred by a United taxi valley driver ;)

·
Banned
723 Posts
hello,

cheers and uber on
From my understanding on this forum, from many of the professional drivers here, that the only expense driving for Uber is gas :rolleyes::eek:, LOL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts