Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my TLC license but my DMV is close to 2 years old and was wondering which of the dealers are more economical to rent from? I went to Tower becasue Uber made an appoinment for me was instantly denied without explaining much

I went to Luxor across street wanted 1000 deposit and first week free but the weekly payment is 450.

·
Premium Member
2,557 Posts
I am right on the same boat as you, most companies require a 3 year old license to rent from them due to insurance companies. Especially if your tlc license is new. Ive had mine for almost a year and can not find a rental. Only a lease to own which seems lucrative if you have a partner to split costs with. I am checking american leasing and fast track (again) this week for a good rate on a lease to own, they have reduced their lease prices since last year( my friend got his 2014 12k camry for $330 a week) If you wish to link up; message me maybe we can work something out. I currently live in astoria. By the way the 2 best companies are the ones i mentioned above. Ive dealt with all of them more than once. Tower was the worse, followed by buggy.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I recently got my TLC license but my DMV is close to 2 years old and was wondering which of the dealers are more economical to rent from? I went to Tower becasue Uber made an appoinment for me was instantly denied without explaining much

I went to Luxor across street wanted 1000 deposit and first week free but the weekly payment is 450.
I side with Jim.

If you are under 21, or have less than 3 years on your license, it is very tough to get insurance brokers to approve your TLC insurance policy. You can message me for a private broker I go to for a good car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I side with Jim.

If you are under 21, or have less than 3 years on your license, it is very tough to get insurance brokers to approve your TLC insurance policy. You can message me for a private broker I go to for a good car.
I would like to be able to rent and pay 400 a week but doing 450 a week is not fleasible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I side with Jim.

hi, does the private broker allow 1 year old dmv license? I am looking to rent a car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts