Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
What do you mean complain about car quality? They have the chochies to complain about your car? Really? I'd say GTFO.

...unless they were already in of course, then I would kiss their ass and ignore their caulky bull.

And whats wrong with a 2003 Legacy? Pfft, at current mileage rates that's what makes a profit. Brand new Prius, not so much. *tolled a little

·
Registered
323 Posts
It's true. It happens.

Went on a mini road trip with a buddy of mine to San Diego and he wanted to confirmed with me, "you Uber right?"

I was like, "Sort of.... Why?"

He then tells me his last UberX ride was in an Acura TL. And he made a point the dude had water and gum in his car.

He then made the assumption I got canned from Ubering because of my car and the extras I don't give.

Screw that X TL driver. LOL

·
24,504 Posts
Drive a 2003 Subaru Legacy and some people complain about "car quality" . Hey If I could afford 30 k for a new Subaru do you think I would be driving for uber ?
See below. \/ \/ \/ \/

at current mileage rates that's what makes a profit. Brand new Prius, not so much. *tolled a little
Given what the TNCs pay, the only reason that they are not getting a 1977 Aspen or 1985 Caprice is that most of them already have been crushed and melted. If they want a better car, they can use Uber Taxi (if available in your market) or Uber Black. If these people are going to pay bus rates, why do they expect a limousine?

Let's them take a smelly cab with 400,000 miles at 4x the price next time lol.
Make baseless generalisations much? Profile much?

'Tell ya' what: you come back to me in three years with your carpeted floor, cloth seat covered UberXmobile that you have driven over crummy streets and roads in horrid traffic conditions as you haul twenty, or so, people per day in varying weather conditions as they bring their leaking carryout bags into your car and practice varying levels of personal hygiene. You bring back to me that car on which you have deferred the maintenance and repairs because you can not pay for them on what the TNC pays you and we will talk about smelly, dilapidated vehicles.

One thing that you will learn after that is that cab rates are what they are for a reason.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Bravo ^

Uber is to personal vehicles as $9 / hr labor jobs are to the human body

·
24,504 Posts
.............and I forgot to mention the ralphers, even...................

·
Registered
38 Posts
What do you mean complain about car quality? They have the chochies to complain about your car? Really? I'd say GTFO.

...unless they were already in of course, then I would kiss their ass and ignore their caulky bull.

And whats wrong with a 2003 Legacy? Pfft, at current mileage rates that's what makes a profit. Brand new Prius, not so much. *tolled a little
Wtf is wrong with people these days? Seems like no matter how hard you try to please someone its never enough. Why cant they just be happy that they are saving some money and getting to where they need to be in a safe ride? Why has everyone become so selfish and entitled?

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Why has everyone become so selfish and entitled?
For your answer you can start by closely looking at the affects social media has had on society. "What the Internet is doing to our brains: The Shallows" by Nicholas Carr is a wonderful and highly recommended read. He's the same author who penned "Is Google making us stupid". He's ahead of his time and his work will not be fully appreciated for what it is until 25-32 years from now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts