Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading the main site's insurance forum but I'm aware that insurance varies by state commisson and company policy. That said, I'm wondering if anyone here has any recommendations on companies and agents for the best deal for Uber drivers in Medford. I have personal car insurance through The Protectors and Mutual of Enumclaw and that's where I'll start but wondering if others find commerical licenses or ride-sharing add-ons to existing policies have better coverage and/or prices?

· Registered
22 Posts
Hello, I am currently using State Farm because when I started back in January it was the only insurance I found that did rideshare in our area. However there is another insurer that others are use but I forgot the name. I will try and look it up and post back.

· Registered
10 Posts
My recent Allstate quote was 25% less than my current State Farm for the same coverage CA, I am trying to get my agent to match their quote, and considering to switch.

I have been impressed how State Farm handles claims, their website has everything all lined up where you can view claim details and add photos and such.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
None of the companies The Protectors writes policies for has any type of coverage for Uber as of now. Too new, too funky. Some enterprising young executive will see the market eventually and grab it. Also, I was warned if my Mutual of Enumclaw personal car insurers knew I did Uber, they would likely cancel my policy. And I see Uber's supplemental insurance policy from AOS (the one offered at 4 cents a mile) isn't available in Oregon. So I'm continuing the search and appreciate hearing what other Uberites are doing (looking at you Fabit). We need Uber to lobby for us/our market!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.