Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just signed up on the site so I'm not quite familiar with the topics around here. I don't know if anyone else brought up the topic before, but when is happening if while online on the app, on their way to pick up a rider, the driver is involved in a car accident by their fault? If driver doesn't have commercial insurance or uber insurrance, on what extend will uber cover for the damages in case the insurance company decided not to cover because of driving for Uber? Thank you in advance for all your advice

·
Premium Member
12,220 Posts
Answer is: it depends, it depends and it depends.

Why didn't you find out the answers to these questions BEFORE you started driving? It's kind of important.
It depends on what insurance company you have, what state you're in (PA?), and the timing of when the accident happened.

Good luck.

For one thing, I'd never admit (without outright lying) that I was driving for Uber.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the prompt answer. Are you aware if uber automatically provides insurance when you sign up or if they have any type of insurance the driver has to additionally purchase and pay for?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Hello, I just signed up on the site so I'm not quite familiar with the topics around here. I don't know if anyone else brought up the topic before, but when is happening if while online on the app, on their way to pick up a rider, the driver is involved in a car accident by their fault? If driver doesn't have commercial insurance or uber insurrance, on what extend will uber cover for the damages in case the insurance company decided not to cover because of driving for Uber? Thank you in advance for all your advice
If you accepted a ride request and you get into an accident on the way to pick up the rider, you are covered under Uber's insurance

Thank you for the prompt answer. Are you aware if uber automatically provides insurance when you sign up or if they have any type of insurance the driver has to additionally purchase and pay for?
Yes. Uber automatically insures you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the driver on on their way to pick up the client. Also, uber insurance does it need to be purchased or it comes automatically when the driver is signing up for Uber?

Thank you

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
If you accepted a ride request and you get into an accident on the way to pick up the rider, you are covered under Uber's insurance

Yes. Uber automatically insures you.
Not exactly.

If you were online and going to a pax, you were in phase 2. Phase 2 has $1kk Liability insurance. That's coverage for damage caused to others.

Whatever you hit will be fixed, your vehicle and your medical will not be paid for. You do have $50k of Contingent Comprehensive/Collision with Uber in Phase 2 and 3, with a $1k deductible, contingent on having valid personal insurance. So if your Personal insurance company denies you based on driving for Uber, JR will also deny you for Collision coverage based on your failure to meet the requirement of the contingent auto coverage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts