Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Next time just come for the sun and fun. I can give you a couple of taxi company numbers if you need rides to get around if you have a few drinks.

Just so you know you only did as good as you did because I wasn't driving. Regardless your saturday night was better than my friday might by $32. Moneybags.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I tryed it last weekened and wasnt worth the hassel. I was in hyiannas dureing the afternoon. 4 rides in 5 hours but for the rates its pretty good if only they were consistant. It wasnt till 9pm i said screw it drove on 6 then i get into barnstable and got ride to falmouth then i had a blits of 5 rides in 90 mins with surge as i look over at the rest of cape over load of drivers. Falmouth is interesting as theres not really any easy transportation down there as to how isolated it is. That place seems kinda interesting as theres not too many services down there if u spending vacation there it seems kinda interesting area

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
I tryed it last weekened and wasnt worth the hassel. I was in hyiannas dureing the afternoon. 4 rides in 5 hours but for the rates its pretty good if only they were consistant. It wasnt till 9pm i said screw it drove on 6 then i get into barnstable and got ride to falmouth then i had a blits of 5 rides in 90 mins with surge as i look over at the rest of cape over load of drivers. Falmouth is interesting as theres not really any easy transportation down there as to how isolated it is. That place seems kinda interesting as theres not too many services down there if u spending vacation there it seems kinda interesting area
You heard him boys. Let's all saddle up and head to Falmouth! Who's with new!? Charge!

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
You were online for 4 hours, made over $100, that's $25 per hour. What are you expecting to make?
I think the germane point was those earnings were made on a weekend evening on the Cape in August. It doesn't get any busier than that with the exception of after bar closing 1:00 am and that business lasts for maybe 45 minutes before it dies out for the rest of the night.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I don't know what the business is like on the Cape and if that's the best it is on a weekend then that's not the best but it's not bad either. In Boston it's been busy every night. It's been a very busy summer. I don't know what people are talking about when they say summer is slow because the students leave. It's been surging every night and this past Sunday was crazy all day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all...
I'm a newbie driver. I live in Hyannis... this seems to be a dead end. Looks like the only hot time to drive is late at night?!.. Think it will ever pick up?? Need more daytime riders.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Unfortunately, if you want to make money, you've got to work the dinner, drinks, and dancing crowd. With most parking being free down here, there's no incentive to use Uber unless you don't have a car, or plan on having too many to drive. I don't see daytime fares going up unless the trains and buses start breaking records and bring lots of folks here with no cars.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Oh I noticed! First weekend this summer I drove with no surge. I think it was just a combo of the guarantees bringing drivers out and Gung-Ho 's invite...mostly the latter.o_O

·
Registered
2 Posts
Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Parallel Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Number
I do not mean to jump into the party so late but I could not help myself. I work on the Cape full time and I Uber when I have free time and these are 3 of the payouts I got, I figured it out I drove for 41 hrs in 14 days and brought home $1550 for and average of 37.80 per hour. Gung-Ho Falmouth is good but the lower Cape is even better there are no taxi's out there especially in Wellfleet by the Beachcomber!

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's all I want to work, 4 hours for 25$ Per hr.
500$ at week for 20 hrs worked, that's no bad to me for a part time job

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
View attachment 94345 View attachment 94344 View attachment 94343
I do not mean to jump into the party so late but I could not help myself. I work on the Cape full time and I Uber when I have free time and these are 3 of the payouts I got, I figured it out I drove for 41 hrs in 14 days and brought home $1550 for and average of 37.80 per hour. Gung-Ho Falmouth is good but the lower Cape is even better there are no taxi's out there especially in Wellfleet by the Beachcomber!
Ummmmm. Yah. Don't want to go all golfermack on you but those were nice weeks you had last summer around 4th of july weekend and labor day weekend would you mind posting your earnings for the weeks you worked in january.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do not drive in January, the thing about the Cape is you have to realize that it is a resort community summer starts the week before July 4th when the kids get out of school for the summer and ends the day after Labor Day when all the kids go back to school, you can get some stuff before and after till about the end of September other than that it's a crap shoot

1 - 20 of 21 Posts