Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why I can't view the pax destination before picking them up? Is it because I have and android phone (note 4). I click on the waybill but it never shows the destination even if the pax entered it already.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I always thought they just don't show you the destination until you 'slide to begin ride'. I have an iphone and thats how it is, which is ******ed for logistical reasons(can't pre-plan your trip). I really wish they'd make it so you could see where they were going before hand.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Anyone know why I can't view the pax destination before picking them up? Is it because I have and android phone (note 4). I click on the waybill but it never shows the destination even if the pax entered it already.
You only see the destination when you start the trip. This is to ensure that drivers don't look at the destination then cancel based on the destination. Some drivers call and ask the passenger of the destination and then cancel if they don't like where they are going. Uber will never let you know where you are going ahead of time. What they should do is provide the fare estimate in the request, this way drivers can get an idea of how long they will need to be on the road.

·
Premium Member
3,802 Posts
Its my understanding that its against Uber policy to call a customer and ask what the destination is. Besides, it pisses off most pax anyway. My attitude is if your willing to be online, you're responsible to accept the consequence. Its part of the deal.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Its my understanding that its against Uber policy to call a customer and ask what the destination is. Besides, it pisses off most pax anyway. My attitude is if your willing to be online, you're responsible to accept the consequence. Its part of the deal.
I fully agree. The only time I call the passenger is if I don't see them outside waiting or if it is crowded and I need them to stand out some or meet me at a particular spot. I still get a thrill when I start the trip and find out where we are going. It's part of the game, and if people don't want the minimum fare or the long trip to wherever then they shouldn't be a driver. Uber says plan up to 4 hours, but the longest I have had a rider was just a bit over 2 hours, and the most miles I have gone on 1 trip was 90. This way I always make sure I have more than 1/4 gallon gas and bladder empty before turning the app on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree ...I've never canceled a trip yet and probably never won't ..but I think it would just be cool to know where your going to to plan ahead

·
Registered
84 Posts
**** that!
If both tunnels are clogged, and you're unable to pick in The City, there's no way you'll waste an entire afternoon with just ONE RIDER because they wanna go to Brooklyn (1hr inbound, 2-3 to return to jersey!!).

When there's such a demand, I USED TO CALL THEM asking about their destination telling them "NO HOBOKEN, NO CITY. Now,where u wanna go!!"

·
Registered
84 Posts
U get a ping, on a busy summer afternoon, u call ahead because it might show ONE RIDER but once you get to their house, about 5 wanna cram in your car. Just ask and trust me, they know it'll be a trial to get to The City once they've been rejected over & over. Hot Saturday in August?! Take the PATH.

you'll get in trouble if you let them in your car and halfway, change your mind... It happened to me coming from the Shore:
Something was wrong with my ezpass, on a weekend and took a shortcut thru Jersey City. Got a ping from Liberty Park, tough spot for riders because many partners hate that road. They wanted to go to NYC and I explained them the situation but agreed to get them halfway to the path on Columbus.

They filed a complaint and almost got me deactivated. Warning?! "take the customer wherever they want to go."

·
Registered
971 Posts
On a friday Afternoon is a NO NO for me to go to NYC on a regular price. I just cancel one right now. As far as I know we are allowed to reject any ride that is out of our area or we can t drive there. Pax think that we see the destination. If you need to be in jersey at 5pm on friday there is no way that you can take NYC trips after 2pm. Maybe just a Manhattan one but you will LOSE money. I wish that uber will allow the partner to see any destination that is out of state. I think is fair. I did Connecticut one time for JC and PA. I would like just to sey is NY trip or PA, CT etc. not the exact destination and maybe any trip that is longer than 25 miles.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I started driving last July at $2.25/mile in Jersey then it dropped to $1.95/mile for a few months. Back then the Waybill showed the destination if the pax entered the address. I got a ping at The Barclay's golf tournament in Ridgewood, checked the destination on Waybill and the trip was to Rochester NY. I had to cancel because I had plans that night. Lol, I was so pissed. If I remember correctly I think the trip would've been approximately $800.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I started driving last July at $2.25/mile in Jersey then it dropped to $1.95/mile for a few months. Back then the Waybill showed the destination if the pax entered the address. I got a ping at The Barclay's golf tournament in Ridgewood, checked the destination on Waybill and the trip was to Rochester NY. I had to cancel because I had plans that night. Lol, I was so pissed. If I remember correctly I think the trip would've been approximately $800.
I'd cancel my plans for $800. That's a pretty long trip back with no pax though.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I think if you have the choice to cancel then you should do it, this week I had a pax going to jfk, normally I just cancel when I see a pax with luggage that is going to JFK or lga during rush hour at flat rate, but this pax called me after I accepted his reuest and ask me if I could drive him to JFK the reason he called me was because 2 other uber drivers turned him down, after hearing this I thought he now knows that drivers don't like to go to JFK or lga during rush hour and I could get a big tip, but I was so wrong when the trip finished he just got off the car without even saying thank you, this trip took me 3 hrs total from weehawken at $7 p/h,
now back to my M.O. when dealing with jfk-LGA bound pax.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am completely with you on this. But the only exception is when I get a ping 15 minutes or more away. I wont take a ping that far away unless I know it's for a good fare.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Sometimes even passengers make mistakes with addresses. The other day I had a pickup and the GPS said we would get to the destination at 5 am, now this was at 7pm in the evening. I scratched my head and then realized the passenger put the wrong address into the app. She put Morristown, TN instead of Morristown, NJ. If that had been sent to the driver could you just imagine how many would have cancelled on her not wanting to take a 10 hour ride :) so maybe it is a good idea that we don't see the destinations or the fares ahead of time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There's a reason for partners not to see the destination, maybe to avoid pick and choosing. I did call ahead because riverside was my area, from Alpine all the way to Jersey City and everyone usually wants to go inbound to NYC... And most wait out the surge to disappear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts