Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to wait out the 5 minute timer before I can cancel on these, or can I cancel immediately after the issue is identified?

If canceling before the 5-minute mark, I am very limited on the cancellation reasons and am afraid that my account will be flagged for some bullshit again.

Looks like after 5 minutes, I am offered more cancellation reasons.

What is the proper way to handle these types of cancels?

·
Premium Member
9,259 Posts
Depends on whether you want to get paid for the cancel. If you wait the 5 minutes then cancel as no show that's always the safest way and you get the cancellation fee.

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Do I need to wait out the 5 minute timer before I can cancel on these, or can I cancel immediately after the issue is identified?

If canceling before the 5-minute mark, I am very limited on the cancellation reasons and am afraid that my account will be flagged for some bullshit again.

Looks like after 5 minutes, I am offered more cancellation reasons.

What is the proper way to handle these types of cancels?
Waiting 5 minutes is a double win. You get paid and the cancellation is not logged on your account.
Always wait 5 minutes or get creative and encourage the pax to cancel. Same double win.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a cancel last night after getting to my pickup because of too many passengers. I could have handled 4, but they were a rough looking crew and all big and tall so would have been uncomfortable in my ride anyway. I told them when they came out that I could only take 3 and they said "Other drivers have done it." I told them that I'm not other drivers and would be canceling the ride. The one female told me to F off and away I went. Got nothing out of driving over there with the cancel and decided to call it a night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts