Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has been covered before but it's bloody annoying when a pax cancels multiple times especially when you continue on driving further away after the first cancellation then pax requests again.

You drive back and 3 minutes later cancels again. Surely there should be a $8.00 cancellation fee for multiple cancellations.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
paxs used to having a uber 5 mins away, thinking they keep cancelling they'll get one closer..... Or maybe they just didn't like the look of you!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I am not ready; you are ugly; car too small; car not limousine; I am still not ready; daddy will take me; I have to finish my beer first; I am soo drunk I don't know what I am doing; now I have to change my dress again; let's have another drink; we each booked cars so let's take the first that arrives and cancel the others; it's too cold, lets not go out; wait, is that a taxi I see; keep cancelling til it stops surging.

Is it true that some UberBlacks also make themselves UberX, pax books Black, cancels when car is near and books X and gets Black?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey, I just noticed we can see in our trip history rider no show cancellations where the pax actually wanted to go. Interesting to see if it would have been worth waiting a little longer... dodged a bullet with this one! Map Ecoregion Product World Font

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
I like to play a game with these types of pax.

If they cancel once.. ok
If they cancel twice .. ok
If they cancel 3 times.. next time.. sit and wait.. don't move the car :D
Yes have to be smart about that sort of thing happening. Get in and start driving there, then they cancel. Don't mind it if I am only just out the front door!. I agree just stop driving and wait for next ping as it will probably be real one.and may be great Awsome fare!.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Just like drivers get a time out for cancelling 3 trips in a row (even includes "Rider No Shows!". Pax that request and cancel a trip 3 times should get an automatic time out.
I agree. And there r always pings!!!. And one never knows where it is taking them., so uber on in a positive way!. Your day may turn into a bad, good, great or awesome day!. Hopefully it balances out for all us uber drivers!.
Yet pax r the customer.so for uber the customer will always be main concern. That's where the money is made. Happy pax, happy uber!!. It's just business.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Request around Sunshine. Accept. Half way there, cancels. Requests again. Keep driving. Arrive. 3 taxis at the address, two drivers standing outside talking to each other. Ignore me. Try calling. No answer. I cancel, drive off. Third request from same address, same name. Very mature, fellas.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Just stop and wait for next ping. That's just not worth the effort u put in. How frustrating that must have been for u. There r always pings.!! Just go NEXT!!!.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Request around Sunshine. Accept. Half way there, cancels. Requests again. Keep driving. Arrive. 3 taxis at the address, two drivers standing outside talking to each other. Ignore me. Try calling. No answer. I cancel, drive off. Third request from same address, same name. Very mature, fellas.
Either Taxis are pi**d off, so it was probably an angry request from taxi personnel to p++* you off as an über driver.
Or
It was a taxi changeover time, driver wanted a cheapest ride on über, just going around the corner, wanted similar ethnic.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Would have waited for the no show fee myself ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am not ready; you are ugly; car too small; car not limousine; I am still not ready; daddy will take me; I have to finish my beer first; I am soo drunk I don't know what I am doing; now I have to change my dress again; let's have another drink; we each booked cars so let's take the first that arrives and cancel the others; it's too cold, lets not go out; wait, is that a taxi I see; keep cancelling til it stops surging.

Is it true that some UberBlacks also make themselves UberX, pax books Black, cancels when car is near and books X and gets Black?
Oh the number of times people cancelled on the way to their address after 4 minutes. I like to keep on going to the pick up address and wait in the driveway as if they didn't cancel. They either pretend they never booked one or when they go to book another uber they get me again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts