Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
13,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has gotten kind of out of hand.

It's gotten to a point where I assume most requests are actually going to be cancellations.

Uber & Lyft need to figure out a way to keep drivers happy and perhaps limiting cancellations for first 2 mins may be the way to go. 5 mins when you're driving 60mph is 5 miles of unpaid miles. It's entirely too much.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have been getting to these annoying calls to where they cancel on
Me after I get there. And working around downtown, most of the calls are less than 5 minutes away so they need to find a way to deactivate riders that r constantly canceling or not give them the option to cancel at all

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have at least 2 a day.....then I had a pax call to cancel and wanted me to give her the # to call to cancel her ride! Lady didn't you just call uber for the ride???? It's been a challenging 3 week beginning. ....

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have at least 2 a day.....then I had a pax call to cancel and wanted me to give her the # to call to cancel her ride! Lady didn't you just call uber for the ride???? It's been a challenging 3 week beginning. ....
Two a day is nothing, consider yourself fortunate. I've had nights when just about every other trip I accepted was canceled.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Two a day is nothing, consider yourself fortunate. I've had nights when just about every other trip I accepted was canceled.
I have been getting to these annoying calls to where they cancel on
Me after I get there. And working around downtown, most of the calls are less than 5 minutes away so they need to find a way to deactivate riders that r constantly canceling or not give them the option to cancel at all
I know Uber has the ability to suspend riders automatically for canceling on too many drivers, I came across it reading their Request API. Now the question is if they actually use it.
Code:
pay_balance
The rider has an outstanding balance and must update her account settings by using the native mobile application or by visiting https://riders.uber.com.
user_not_allowed
User is banned and is not permitted to request a ride.
too_many_cancelations
The rider is temporarily blocked due to cancelling too many times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts